Free Week 8 Prediction: Owls vs Panthers Odds
Looking for Rice Owls vs. FIU Panthers free picks? Week 8 betting sees the Owls taking on the Panthers on Saturday October 20 at Riccardo Silva Stadium in Miami, Florida. Cappers Picks provides complimentary handicapping picks all NCAA football season long so stay tuned for more FREE college football predictions like this Rice FIU free pick.
College Football Handicapping: Week 8
(1-6) Rice Owls vs. FIU Panthers (4-2)
Date: Saturday, October 20th, 2018
Time: 7:30 pm EST
Venue: Riccardo Silva Stadium, Miami, Florida
NCAA Football Spread: FIU -23.5
NCAA Betting Total: 53.5
Live CFB Odds
Updated Sportsbook Bonuses For Today
Rice’s only win this season was against an FCS opponent and they have been getting beaten up pretty badly. There is nothing to indicate that this won’t be another game where they are not even in it. Pretty disappointing season.
FIU is in a great spot to take the CUSA East division and play in the title game. This is a must win if they are going to make it there for what I believe is the first time. They are not elite but could dominate in this spot.
Things are pretty bleak for the Owls right now. They have lost six in a row and scored just three points in their last two games combined. The rest of the season is going to be purely about showing any kind of improvement that can be built upon for next season.
It could get worse for the Owls though as senior starting quarterback Shawn Stankavage is doubtful for this one. He was hardly setting the world on fire but experience does mean something and replacement Evan Marshman, a freshman, hardly looks ready to lead the team to victory.
Sometimes when you see a significant underdog you try and make a case for them but that is hard to do here. Rice is bad, on the road, and they have just a 2-5 ATS record. Even in their lone win over FCS Prairie View they failed to cover and haven’t covered a game in more than a month.
FIU has to like where they sit right now. It was though they might have a dropoff season but so far they are undefeated in CUSA play and they get rival FAU at home next month. Everything is shaping up pretty well for the other team in Miami, and they played the Hurricanes pretty close too.
The Panthers are not going to wow you in any facet of the game but they are getting strong QB play from James Morgan and that should be giving them the confidence they need. A transfer, Morgan is putting up good numbers and have not thrown a pick in the last two games. In Conference USA being mistake free is often enough.
The rest of the schedule sets up very nicely so of course this one has to be a little bit of a concern in term of a letdown spot, especially after a close win last week. FIU has been a moneymaker for anyone who has been paying attention with a 5-1 ATS record. The only non cover was in their FCS game where they were 57 point faves, they only won by 46.
NCAA Football Handicapping Trends
- Owls are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games following a straight up loss.
- Owls are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games following a straight up loss of more than 20 points.
- Owls are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games after accumulating less than 275 total yards in their previous game.
- Over is 6-1-1 in Golden Panthers last 8 games after allowing less than 170 yards passing in their previous game.
- Golden Panthers are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games overall.
- Golden Panthers are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 home games vs. a team with a losing road record.
Free Week 8 NCAA Football Pick
At first this number seems pretty big but when you look closer at Rice perhaps it isn’t big enough. Probably a true line too as the game is unlikely to have much interest.
4* Free NCAA Betting Pick: FIU -23.5
To win by more than three touchdowns takes a little bit of time to build but I can see how the Panthers outscore the owls by more than a TD per quarter. Though you might need that final quarter to be comfortable.
The key for this one might be the Panthers defense. If they are going to win big like we want them too that group is going to have to be pretty stingy. I think they can do it
Week 1 Free Score Prediction: FIU 37 – Rice 9
If you’re looking for more picks like this Rice Owls vs. FIU Panthers matchup we’ll be providing 4* free College football game predictions on the blog all bowl season long, and check out our Experts for guaranteed premium & free CFB Football picks!
Check out our Updated College Football Betting Odds.
Similar Free 4* Sports Predictions:
- Temple Owls vs. SMU Mustangs – 10/19/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Marshall Thundering Herd vs. Florida Atlantic Owls – 10/18/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Pittsburgh Panthers vs. Syracuse Orange – 10/18/19 Free Pick & CFB Betting Preview
- Army Black Knights vs. Georgia State Panthers – 10/19/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Oregon Ducks vs. Washington Huskies – 10/19/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Arizona Wildcats vs. USC Trojans – 10/9/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Clemson Tigers vs. Louisville Cardinals – 10/19/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Auburn Tigers vs. Arkansas Razorbacks – 10/19/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction