Free Week 1 Prediction: Rebels vs. Tigers Odds
Looking for Ole Miss Rebels vs. Memphis Tigers free picks? Week 1 betting sees the Rebels taking on the Tigers Saturday August 31 at Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium in Memphis, Tennessee. Cappers Picks provides complimentary handicapping picks all NCAA football season long so stay tuned for more FREE college football predictions like this Ole Miss Memphis Week 1 free pick.
College Football Handicapping: Week 1
(0-0) Ole Miss Rebels vs. Memphis Tigers (0-0)
Date: Saturday, August 31 2019
Time: 12:00 pm EST
Venue: Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium, Memphis, Tennessee
NCAA Football Spread: Tigers -6
NCAA Betting Total: 68
Live CFB Odds
Updated Sportsbook Bonuses For Today
Ole Miss is a program in flux. They have some talent as they are still in the SEC but the way the program has been punished it has been harder to maintain some recent success.
Memphis has had lots of success lately and it is no surprise that they are the favourite in this matchup, even at home. They can win outright for sure.
Ole Miss Rebels
Last year Ole Miss had the top passing offense in the SEC and one of the best in the nation. This year the strength of the team might be the ground game though.
Gone are the staring QB and a couple of NFL calibre wide receivers but returning are the starting running back and a coupld of linemen. The offense has a lot of questins to answer.
The defense got torched last season, giving up 36ppg. Eight starters reutnon on that side of the ball but it remains to be seen whether that is a good or bad thing.
Ole Miss is more than good enough to go on the road and beat Memphis.
If you use rankings and such as the measure they are probably the better team. I love the experience of their coordinators but I am not sure they can have both units ready for the upset here.
Memphis moves the ball with a more balanced attack. They were tops in the AAC in rushing and fourth nationally. They also passed for almost 250 yards per game.
Both running and passing games should be strong again. QB Brady White returns with his top receiver and even though the running game lost their top back Patrick Taylor rushed for more than 1100 yards a year ago.
The Memphis defense is the unit that needs the work. Eight starters return there too but improvement is going to be required to get this team to the top of the AAC.
Getting this game at home is a nice get for Memphis, especially since they are in a great position to win it too. This is the first game of the season and with an FCS opponnent on deck you can bet they are going to try and pour it on. Thye just might be able to too if they can get some defense.
NCAA Football Handicapping Trends
- Rebels are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 road games.
- Rebels are 1-8 ATS in their last 9 games on fieldturf.
- Under is 4-1 in Rebels last 5 games overall.
- Tigers are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 home games.
- Tigers are 1-9-1 ATS in their last 11 vs. SEC.
- Over is 10-2 in Tigers last 12 non-conference games.
Free Week 1 NCAA Football Pick
There are a lot of questions that Ole Miss has to answer on both sides of the ball so I am siding with the home team here, despite the conference affiliations.
4* Free NCAA Betting Pick: Memphis -6
I like the Memphis offense to be able to move the ball against Ole Miss. They are experienced and will take what the Rebels give them.
This one has the potential for a shootout if the Memphis defense has not improved much from a year ago. Still a couple of stops or mistakes by Ole Miss get them the win. .
Week 1 Free Score Prediction: Memphis 38 – Ole Miss 27
If you’re looking for more picks like this Ole Miss Rebels vs. Memphis Tigers matchup we’ll be providing 4* free College football game predictions on the blog all bowl season long, and check out our Experts for guaranteed premium & free CFB Football picks!
Check out our Updated College Football Betting Odds.
Similar Free 4* Sports Predictions:
- Cal Bears vs. Ole Miss Rebels – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- LSU Tigers vs. Vanderbilt Commodores – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- South Carolina Gamecocks vs. Missouri Tigers – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Oregon Ducks vs. Stanford Cardinal – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Baylor Bears vs. Rice Owls – 9/21/19 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- UCONN Huskies vs. Indiana Hoosiers – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Temple Owls vs. Buffalo Bulls – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Troy Trojans vs. Akron Zips – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction