Free Week 4 Prediction: Monarchs vs. Cavaliers Odds
Looking for Old Dominion Monarchs vs. Virginia Cavaliers free picks? Week 4 betting sees the Monarchs taking on the Cavaliers Saturday September 21st at Scott Stadium, Charlottesville, Virginia. Cappers Picks provides complimentary handicapping picks all NCAA football season long so stay tuned for more FREE college football predictions like this Monarchs Cavaliers Week 4 free pick.
College Football Handicapping: Week 4
(1-1) Old Dominion Monarchs vs. Virginia Cavaliers (2-0)
Date: Saturday, September 21
Time: 7:00 pm EST
Venue: Scott Stadium, Charlottesville, Virginia
NCAA Football Spread: Virginia -29.5
NCAA Betting Total: 47.5
Live CFB Odds
Updated Sportsbook Bonuses For Today
The no. 21 Virginia Cavaliers play host to the Old Dominion Monarchs. Virginia is heavily favored in the contest (-29.5) and the total is set at 47.5.
Virginia is led by Bryce Perkins who has 668 passing yards and 158 rushing yards on the season. The Monarchs are led by Stone Smartt who has 280 passing yards in the two games so far.
Can the Cavaliers pick up an easy home win like most expect them to or will the Monarchs pull off the big upset?
Old Dominion Monarchs
The Monarchs are coming off a bye week.
Their last game came against the Virginia Tech Hokies, a game they lost 31-17. Virginia Tech jumped out to a 17-3 lead and they never looked back. Stone Smartt struggled under center for the Monarchs going for 122 passing yards on 16/30 completions. Smartt also added 48 rush yards and two touchdowns.
The rushing attack was led by Lala Davis who had 81 yards on just 11 carries. Davis has 143 yards and a touchdown in the first two games. Kesean Strong wound up with 51 yards on eight carries. Steven Williams had 36 receiving yards in the loss.
Old Dominion’s defense struggled to contain Ryan Willis who had 272 passing yards and two touchdowns. The Cavaliers out-gained the Monarchs 403-324 in total yards. Strangely enough the Monarchs won the turnover battle 2-0.
On Saturday the Virginia Cavaliers beat the Florida State Seminoles 31-24. Virginia went into the fourth quarter trailing 17-10 before outscoring Florida State 21-7 in the quarter. The Cavaliers scored a game-winning touchdown (Wayne Taulapapa run) with just over two minutes to play.
Bryce Perkins went for 295 passing yards and one touchdown. It wasn’t all pretty for Perkins as he had two interceptions in the game. Taulapapa led the ground attack with 53 rushing yards and three touchdowns on 18 carries.
A few Cavaliers receivers were busy in the contest. Terrell Jua (85 yards), Joe Reed (83 yards), and Hasise Dubois (75 yards). Jordan Mack had a terrific defensive performance for the Cavaliers as he had 13 tackles and a sack. The Cavaliers out-gained the Seminoles 415-329 in total yards.
NCAA Football Handicapping Trends
- Over is 7-2 in Monarchs last 9 games after accumulating less than 170 yards passing in their previous game.
- Over is 8-3 in Monarchs last 11 games after scoring less than 20 points in their previous game.
- Over is 5-2 in Monarchs last 7 road games.
- Over is 4-1 in Cavaliers last 5 games following a straight up win.
- Over is 7-2 in Cavaliers last 9 non-conference games.
- Over is 5-2 in Cavaliers last 7 games overall.
Free Week 4 NCAA Football Pick
Expect this to go over the total. The total was originally set at 51.5 points but dropped. I expect it to even reach that number.
4* Free NCAA Betting Pick: OVER 47.5
Look for the Cavaliers offense to score a lot in this one as Perkins will have a good game.
Week 4 Free Score Prediction: Virginia 37- Old Dominion 17
If you’re looking for more picks like this Old Dominion Monarchs vs. Virginia Cavaliers matchup we’ll be providing 4* free College football game predictions on the blog all bowl season long, and check out our Experts for guaranteed premium & free CFB Football picks!
Check out our Updated College Football Betting Odds.
Similar Free 4* Sports Predictions:
- Old Dominion Monarchs vs. UAB Blazers – 10/19/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Duke Blue Devils vs. Virginia Cavaliers – 10/19/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- West Virginia Mountaineers vs. Oklahoma Sooners – 10/19/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- North Carolina Tar Heels vs. Virginia Tech Hokies – 10/19/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Kansas Jayhawks vs. Texas Longhorns – 10/19/19 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Rice Owls vs. UTSA Roadrunners – 10/19/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Missouri Tigers vs. Vanderbilt Commodores – 10/19/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Akron Zips – 10/19/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction