Free Week 1 Prediction: Wildcats vs. Cardinal Odds
Looking for Northwestern Wildcats vs. Stanford Cardinal free picks? Week 1 betting sees the Wilddcats taking on the Cardinal on Saturday August 31 at Stanford Stadium in Palo Alto, California. Cappers Picks provides complimentary handicapping picks all NCAA football season long so stay tuned for more FREE college football predictions like this Northwestern Stanford Week 1 free pick.
College Football Handicapping: Week 1
(0-0) Northwestern Wildcats vs. Stanford Cardinal (0-0)
Date: Saturday, August 31 2019
Time: 4:00 pm EST
Venue: Stanford Stadium, Palo Alto, California
NCAA Football Spread: Cardinal -6
NCAA Betting Total: 47
Live CFB Odds
Updated Sportsbook Bonuses For Today
This is one of the most interesting games of the first week. Two Power 5 schools known for their academic standing is the obvious point but probably not the most interesting.
Even though both programs have experienced a lot of recent success, especially Stanford, the outlook is not great for either. One will get a win though and shut up critics for a little bit.
No matter what the raw material no season ends with anyone questioning whether NW coach Pat Fitzgerald got the most out of his troops. Last season he took them to hte B10 Title Game.
This year things are different, starting with new quarterback Hunter Johnson. He was a big shot recruit that left Clemson and maybe the highest ranked recruit in program history. Now he just has to get it done on the field, against a good defense.
The cupboard is not bear around him and if he really is a superlative talent maybe he can make plays that will enable Northwestern to beat some teams instead of outhussling them. He increases their margin for error.
Northwestern is very strong on the middle of their defense with Blake Gallagher and Paddy Fisher at linebacker. That strength should play well against Stanford.
Stanford only won 8 games a year ago as nothing seemed to go right for a team that was supposed to feature a Heisman contender.
The lone exception was that they got their best quarterback play since Andrew Luck from KJ Costello. He needs new targets but showed a lot.
Stanford wants to play to that strength but you can bet they have been spending a lot of time in the offseason trying to get the run game game right. The offensive line is loaded with highly recruited players.
Look for the defense to be very good in the trenches. These teams are kind of similar in ethos but Stanford looks to be the more talented group.
NCAA Football Handicapping Trends
- Wildcats are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games in August.
- Wildcats are 4-1-2 ATS in their last 7 games on grass.
- Wildcats are 1-3-1 ATS in their last 5 non-conference games.
- Cardinal are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games in August.
- Over is 4-1 in Cardinal last 5 games on grass.
- Cardinal are 3-1-1 ATS in their last 5 games overall.
Free Week 1 NCAA Football Pick
Both of these teams are the type that you do not want to play them the first week of the season. They hit you hard and you might not be ready for it.
4* Free NCAA Betting Pick: Stanford -6
The Cardinal just don’t have as many questions and a better track record I suppose. Both of these teams are great plays as underdogs so don’t forget about Northwestern after this one.
Stanford can beat them by a score per half to get a fairly comfortable win. It could be a blowout if they get their ground game going.
Week 1 Free Score Prediction: Stanford 31 – Northwestern 21
If you’re looking for more picks like this Northwestern Wildcats vs. Stanford Cardinal matchup we’ll be providing 4* free College football game predictions on the blog all bowl season long, and check out our Experts for guaranteed premium & free CFB Football picks!
Check out our Updated College Football Betting Odds.
Similar Free 4* Sports Predictions:
- Oregon Ducks vs. Stanford Cardinal – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Baylor Bears vs. Rice Owls – 9/21/19 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- UCONN Huskies vs. Indiana Hoosiers – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- LSU Tigers vs. Vanderbilt Commodores – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Temple Owls vs. Buffalo Bulls – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Troy Trojans vs. Akron Zips – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Old Dominion Monarchs vs. Virginia Cavaliers – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- UCLA Bruins vs. Washington State Cougars – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction