Free Week 3 Prediction: Tar Heels vs. Demon Deacons Odds
Looking for North Carolina Tar Heels vs. Wake Forest Demon Deacons free picks? Week 3 betting sees the Tar Heels taking on the Demon Deacons Friday September 13th at BB&T Field, Winston-Salem, North Carolina. Cappers Picks provides complimentary handicapping picks all NCAA football season long so stay tuned for more FREE college football predictions like this Tar Heels Demon Deacons Week 3 free pick.
College Football Handicapping: Week 3
(2-0) North Carolina Tar Heels vs. Wake Forest Demon Deacons (2-0)
Date: Friday, September 13
Time: 6:00 pm EST
Venue: BB&T Field, Winston-Salem, North Carolina
NCAA Football Spread: Wake Forest -3
NCAA Betting Total: OFF
Live CFB Odds
Updated Sportsbook Bonuses For Today
We have reached week three of the college football season and this is a big time ACC showdown on Friday night. In this game the North Carolina Tar Heels make the trip to Winston-Salem to take on the Wake Forest Demon Deacons.
This is the first meeting between the two teams since 2015 when the Tar Heels won 50-14.
North Carolina Tar Heels
The North Carolina Tar Heels couldn’t have asked for a better start to their season. In each of the first two games of the season they were underdogs and each of the games they came away with victories.
In their last game against the Miami Hurricanes, they didn’t play lights out, but at the end of the game they were able to come away with a victory.
At quarterback, the Tar Heels are led by freshman Sam Howell who has been great this year throwing for 519 yards and four touchdowns. The most impressive part is he still hasn’t thrown an interception.
On the defensive side the Tar Heels have been good, but this is going to be a test and they are going to need to continue their strong play.
If they can find a way to win this game there is going to be quite the buzz around this team. This is a team who wins total at the beginning of the season was set at 3.5.
Wake Forest Demon Deacons
On the other side of this matchup is the Wake Forest Demon Deacons who haven’t been tested like the Tar Heels but they come into this game with a 2-0 record.
In their last game they took on the Rice Owls and after a slow start to the game they really dominated winning the game 41-21.
At quarterback the Demon Deacons are led by Jamie Newman who comes into this game having thrown 713 yards, six touchdowns, and zero interceptions.
On the defensive side there are some real questions and it’s something that is going to need to be cleaned up really quickly.
NCAA Football Handicapping Trends
- UNC are 8-2 ATS vs. a team with a winning record.
- UNC are 9-3 ATS in their last 12 conference games.
- Over is 8-3-1 in UNC last 12 games overall.
- WAKE are 2-8 ATS in their last 10 home games.
- Over is 8-3 in WAKE last 11 games on fieldturf.
- WAKE are 3-7 ATS vs. a team with a winning record.
Free Week 3 NCAA Football Pick
The Wake Forest have been playing an easy schedule, while the Tar Heels have been battle-tested, and that will be the difference in this game.
4* Free NCAA Betting Pick: Tar Heels +3
I think the Tar Heels will come away with a victory in this game, but will take the points just to be safe.
Week 3 Free Score Prediction: North Carolina 31 – Wake Forest 28
If you’re looking for more picks like this North Carolina Tar Heels vs. Wake Forest Demon Deacons matchup we’ll be providing 4* free College football game predictions on the blog all bowl season long, and check out our Experts for guaranteed premium & free CFB Football picks!
Check out our Updated College Football Betting Odds.
Similar Free 4* Sports Predictions:
- Elon Phoenix vs. Wake Forest Demon Deacons – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Appalachian State Mountaineers vs. North Carolina Tar Heels – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- UTSA Roadrunners vs. North Texas Mean Green – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- South Carolina Gamecocks vs. Missouri Tigers – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Coastal Carolina Chanticleers vs. UMass Minutemen – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- William & Marry Tribe VS. East Carolina Pirates – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Oregon Ducks vs. Stanford Cardinal – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Baylor Bears vs. Rice Owls – 9/21/19 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction