Free Week 7 Prediction: Cornhuskers vs Fighting Illini Odds
Looking for Michigan Wolverines vs. Illinois Fighting Illini free picks? Week 7 betting sees the Wolverines taking on the FIghting Illini Saturday October 12 at Memorial Stadium, Champaign, Illinois. Cappers Picks provides complimentary handicapping picks all NCAA football season long so stay tuned for more FREE college football predictions like this Michigan Illinois Week 7 free pick.
College Football Handicapping: Week 7
(4-1) Michigan Wolverines vs. Illinois Fighting Illini (2-3)
Date: Saturday, September 21
Time: 12:00 pm Est
Venue: Memorial Stadium, Champaign, Illinois
NCAA Football Spread: Michigan -22.5
NCAA Betting Total: 49
Click here to view… CFB ATS Stats & NCAAF Betting Insight for this game!
The Illinois Fighting Illini will play host to the no. 16 Michigan Wolverines for a Saturday afternoon showdown. Michigan is a 22.5 point favorite with the total being set at 49 points.
The Wolverines are led by a terrific defense and by Shea Patterson at quarterback. Patterson has 1,052 passing yards and six touchdowns. Illinois is led by Reggie Corbin who has 382 rushing yards and three touchdowns.
Will the Fighting Illini pull out the big upset to even their record or will the Wolverines defense get the job done on the road? Find out below as we preview this Big Ten matchup.
Michigan is coming off a 10-3 win against the no. 14 Iowa Hawkeyes on Saturday. Michigan jumped out to a 10-0 lead in the first quarter and their defense held on the rest of the way. It was a defensive grind as both teams went scoreless in the second half.
Shea Patterson struggled under center for Michigan going for 147 passing yards and an interception. Zach Charbonnet had a game to forget in the ground game. The running back went for 42 yards and a touchdown on 13 carries. Tru Wilson added 28 yards on just four carries.
Nico Collins had a good game at receiver for Michigan. The wideout had 63 yards on just three receptions. The Wolverines defense was incredible all night. They forced Nate Stanley to throw three interceptions and forced a fumble. Turnovers were simply the difference as the Wolverines only had one.
Illinois Fighting Illini
The Illinois Fighting Illini are coming off a shaky 40-17 loss to the Minnesota Golden Gophers. After trailing by only six at the half the Fighting Illini were outscored 24-7 in the second half. Matt Robinson struggled going for 125 passing yards on 15/29 passes for Illinois.
Reggie Corbin had 68 rushing yards on 14 carries for Illinois. Trevor Sidney went for 50 yards on five receptions in the loss. Donny Navarro added 33 yards on three receptions.
Illinois had no answer for Minnesota’s ground game. Rodney Smith (211 yards) and Shannon Brooks (111 yards) had huge games for the Golden Gophers. Minnesota out-gained Illinois 487-248 in total yards.
NCAA Football Handicapping Trends
- Wolverines are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games in October.
- Wolverines are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games following a ATS win.
- Fighting Illini are 2-6 ATS vs. a team with a winning record.
- Fighting Illini are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games after accumulating less than 170 yards passing in their previous game.
- Fighting Illini are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games in October.
Free Week 7 NCAA Football Pick
The Fighting Illini have had their issues moving the ball, while Michigan has been fabulous on defense. This is simply a terrible matchup for Illinois despite being the home team.
4* Free NCAA Betting Pick: Michigan -22.5
I don’t expect Patterson and the Wolverines to blow up the scoreboard but they’ll score just enough to cover.
Week 7 Free Score Prediction: Michigan 34- Illinois 10
If you’re looking for more picks like this Michigan Wolverines vs. Illinois Fighting Illini matchup we’ll be providing 4* free College football game predictions on the blog all bowl season long, and check out our Experts for guaranteed premium & free CFB Football picks!
Check out our Updated College Football Betting Odds.
Similar Free 4* Sports Predictions:
- Wisconsin Badgers vs. Illinois Fighting Illini – 10/19/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Western Michigan Broncos vs. Eastern Michigan Eagles – 10/19/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Kansas Jayhawks vs. Texas Longhorns – 10/19/19 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Rice Owls vs. UTSA Roadrunners – 10/19/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Missouri Tigers vs. Vanderbilt Commodores – 10/19/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Akron Zips – 10/19/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Kentucky Wildcats vs. Georgia Bulldogs – 10/19/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- USF Bulls vs. Navy Midshipmen – 10/19/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction