Free Week 2 Prediction: Hurricanes vs. Tar Heels Odds
Looking for Miami Hurricanes vs. North Carolina Tar Heels free picks? Week 2 betting sees the Hurricanes taking on the Tar Heels on Saturday, September 7th, 2019 at Bank of America Stadium, Charlotte, North Carolina. Cappers Picks provides complimentary handicapping picks all NCAA football season long so stay tuned for more FREE college football predictions like this Miami North Carolina free pick.
College Football Handicapping: Week 2
(0-1) Miami Hurricanes vs. North Carolina Tar Heels (1-0)
Date: Saturday, August 31st, 2019
Time: 8:00 PM EST
Venue: Bank of America Stadium, Charlotte, North Carolina
NCAA Football Spread: Miami -3.5
NCAA Betting Total: 47.5
Live CFB Odds
Updated Sportsbook Bonuses For Today
Week two is here and in this preview we cover what should be a terrific game between North Carolina and Miami. The Hurricanes are 3.5 favorites on the road despite losing their opener against no. 8 Florida.
This is a huge game for both sides. Miami who is expected to make noise after going 7-6 last season can’t afford to start 0-2. North Carolina is getting a perfect test in their own building.
Can the Tar Heels pull out a huge home victory or will the stronger Hurricanes take care of business on the road and get their first win?
The Miami Hurricanes kicked off their season with a 24-20 loss to the no. 8 Florida Gators on Saturday. Miami had a shot to win the game as they had the ball with under a minute to play in the Gators’ territory. The Hurricanes turned the ball over on downs from the Gators 26-yard line. Jarren Williams had 214 passing yards and a touchdown in the loss.
DeeJay Dallas led the ground attack with 94 rushing yards and a touchdown on just 11 carries. Brevin Jordan had 88 receiving yards and a touchdown. The Hurricanes won the turnover battle 4-1.
Scott Patchan had five tackles and a fumble recovery for the defense. Miami must emphasize quarterback protection as they allowed 10 sacks. It was simply the difference in the game as Miami only had one sack on defense.
North Carolina Tar Heels
The Tar Heels finished last season 2-9.
As a result the Tar Heels hired Mack Brown who coached Texas from 1998-2013 and previously coached the Tar Heels. North Carolina began the Brown era with a 24-20 win against the South Carolina Gamecocks.
It was an impressive comeback win for North Carolina as they scored the last 15 points of the game.
Sam Howell had a good game with 245 passing yards and two touchdowns.
The Tar Heels ground attack was impressive as they had three players with at least 50 yards. Javonte Williams (102 yards), Michael Carter (77 yards), and Antonio Williams (53 yards) were all impactful in the victory.
Dazz Newsome had 74 receiving yards, and Dyami Brown added 69 yards and a touchdown.
The Tar Heels defense was magnificent in the second half as they forced two interceptions in the Gamecocks last two drives.
NCAA Football Handicapping Trends
- Hurricanes are 11-4 ATS in their last 15 games in September.
- Under is 18-7-1 in Hurricanes last 26 games on grass.
- Tar Heels are 1-4 ATS vs. a team with a losing record.
- Tar Heels are 1-4-1 ATS in their last 6 games in September.
- Tar Heels are 0-5 ATS in their last 5 home games vs. a team with a losing road record.
Free Week 2 NCAA Football Pick
The Hurricanes are coming off a heartbreaking loss to an excellent Gators team. I expect them to bounce back and I look for Williams to lead them to a victory.
4* Free NCAA Betting Pick: Miami -3.5
North Carolina will move the ball as well in this game as they shown they could last week, but it won’t be enough. Look at the over as well.
Week 2 Free Score Prediction: Miami 30 – North Carolina 21
If you’re looking for more picks like this Miami Hurricanes vs. North Carolina Tar Heels matchup we’ll be providing 4* free College football game predictions on the blog all bowl season long, and check out our Experts for guaranteed premium & free CFB Football picks!
Check out our Updated College Football Betting Odds.
Similar Free 4* Sports Predictions:
- Appalachian State Mountaineers vs. North Carolina Tar Heels – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Central Michigan Chippewas vs. Miami Hurricanes – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- UTSA Roadrunners vs. North Texas Mean Green – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- South Carolina Gamecocks vs. Missouri Tigers – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Coastal Carolina Chanticleers vs. UMass Minutemen – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- William & Marry Tribe VS. East Carolina Pirates – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Miami (Ohio) RedHawks vs. Ohio State Buckeyes – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Oregon Ducks vs. Stanford Cardinal – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction