Free Week 2 Prediction: Tigers vs. Longhorns Odds
Looking for LSU Tigers vs. Texas Longhorns free picks? Week 2 betting sees the Tigers taking on the Longhorns on Saturday September 7th at Royal Texas Memorial Stadium, Austin, Texas. Cappers Picks provides complimentary handicapping picks all NCAA football season long so stay tuned for more FREE college football predictions like this LSU Texas Week 2 free pick.
College Football Handicapping: Week 2
(1-0) LSU Tigers vs. Texas Longhorns (1-0)
Date: Saturday, September 7th 2019
Time: 7:30 pm EST
Venue: Royal Texas Memorial Stadium, Austin, Texas
NCAA Football Spread: LSU -5.5
NCAA Betting Total: 55.5
Live CFB Odds
Updated Sportsbook Bonuses For Today
Saturday marks the first battle of the season between two teams ranked in the top ten.
Both teams will face their first real test of the season as LSU is coming off of a 52 point victory vs. Georgia Southern and the Longhorns off of a 45-14 drubbing of Louisiana Tech.
Joe Burrow impressed through thew air last weekend, completing 85.2% of his passes for 278 yards and 5 scores.
LSU returns stud receiver Justin Jefferson, who started his 2019 campaign off with 5 grabs for 87 yards against GA Southern. One player poised to break out is former wideout turned tight end, Stephen Sullivan. His 6’6 248-pound frame is sure to be a major matchup problem for the Longhorns in the red zone.
The Tigers defensive unit is loaded with NFL talent, especially in the secondary.
Safety Grant Delpit is slotted as the #1 or #2 prospect on most peoples big boards this season, and cornerback Kristian Fulton is not too far behind him, usually slated somewhere in the 10-20 range.
Look for Burrow to have a solid game and this vaunted LSU defense to show just how great they really are.
Sam Ehlinger is going to need to have another strong season if the Longhorns want to find themselves in the College Football Playoff come December. He got off on the right foot against LA Tech, throwing for 276 yards and 4 scores. Ehlinger added 8 carries for 34 yards as well.
Ehlinger is going to need plenty of help from his offensive line if Texas is going to pull off the upset at home.
The Longhorns defense will hope to build off their performance last week, which saw them grab 3 takeaways. They could have had 4, but an 81 yard interception return for a touchdown was negated by a roughing the passer call.
Texas has high hopes of making the College Football playoff this year, but I feel this LSU team is a tier above them. I don’t see the Longhorns pulling this one out at home in a game I believe could get ugly.
NCAA Football Handicapping Trends
- LSU is 6-2 ATS in their last 8 road games.
- Over is 5-2-1 in LSU last 8 games as a favorite.
- Under is 6-2 in TEX last 8 games in September.
- Under is 26-9 in TEX last 35 games as an underdog.
- Under is 20-8 in TEX last 28 games on fieldturf.
Free Week 2 NCAA Football Pick
Give me the better defense on less than a 6 point spread.
4* Free NCAA Betting Pick: LSU -5.5
With no stud in the running game, look for both of these teams to try and do their damage through the air; which means advantage to LSU. Look for the LSU defensive front to pressure the crap out of Ehlinger while Fulton, Delpit, and the rest of that star-studded Tiger secondary lockdown Texas’ receivers.
Week 2 Free Score Prediction: LSU 35 – Texas 24
If you’re looking for more picks like this LSU Tigers vs. Texas Longhorns matchup we’ll be providing 4* free College football game predictions on the blog all bowl season long, and check out our Experts for guaranteed premium & free CFB Football picks!
Check out our Updated College Football Betting Odds.
Similar Free 4* Sports Predictions:
- LSU Tigers vs. Vanderbilt Commodores – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- UTSA Roadrunners vs. North Texas Mean Green – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- South Carolina Gamecocks vs. Missouri Tigers – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Georgia State Panthers vs. Texas State Bobcats – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Oregon Ducks vs. Stanford Cardinal – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Baylor Bears vs. Rice Owls – 9/21/19 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- UCONN Huskies vs. Indiana Hoosiers – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Temple Owls vs. Buffalo Bulls – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction