Free Week 4 Prediction: Cardinals vs. Seminoles Odds
Looking for Louisville Cardinals vs. Florida State Seminoles free picks? Week 4 betting sees the Cardinals taking on the Seminoles Saturday, September 21, at Doak S. Campbell Stadium in Tallahassee, Florida. Cappers Picks provides complimentary handicapping picks all NCAA football season long so stay tuned for more FREE college football predictions like this Cardinals Seminoles Week 4 free pick.
College Football Handicapping: Week 4
(2-1) Louisville Cardinals vs. Florida State Seminoles (1-2)
Date: Saturday, September 21, 2019
Time: 7:30 pm EST
Venue: Doak S. Campbell Stadium, Tallahassee, Florida
NCAA Football Spread: Seminoles -6.5
NCAA Betting Total: 60.5
Live CFB Odds
Updated Sportsbook Bonuses For Today
ACC rivals clash this Saturday as Louisville visits the Florida State Seminoles.
Florida State has struggled early during an expectation-filled season under second-year Head Coach Willie Taggart. After routinely squandering close games while rostering one of college football’s top talent bases, Taggart finds his job security unsteady.
Meanwhile, with starting quarterback Jawon Pass’ playing status questionable again this week vs. FSU, Louisville seeks to eclipse its meager 2018 win total.
The Cardinals went with backup Malik Cunningham under center last weekend after a foot injury sidelined starter Jawon Pass. Sophomore Cunningham didn’t miss a beat, competing 8-of-13 passes for two touchdowns as Louisville bowled over Western Kentucky 38-21.
Overall, the Cardinals gained 415 yards -205 passing and 210 rushing. Freshman tailback Javian Hawkins added 93 yards and a score and touted Sophomore Tutu Atwell hauled three touchdowns and 141 yards.
Defensively, Louisville’s edge rush forced eight deflections while tallying seven tackles for loss.
The Cardinals’ front five held WKU to just 43 rushing yards in a solid performance before opening their conference slate today.
While beating Western Kentucky is expected from a lower-end power five school, Saturday’s reality is Louisville may face FSU minus a starting quarterback. The visiting Seminoles defeated Louisville 28-24 in 2018.
Florida State Seminoles
After dropping two close 2019 contests, and needing overtime to overcome unhearelded UL Monroe, the Seminoles allowed 21 fourth quarter points in last week’s defeat vs. Virginia.
FSU’s prone defense ceded 415 yards, and 295 through the air against the Cavaliers, while drowning in a secondary meltdown 31-24. Senior wideout Joe Reed added 83 yards and a score while giving Sophomore running back Wayne Taulapapa prime field position to add three ground touchdowns.
Seminoles Quarterback James Blackmon continued rolling along, tossing three end-zone strikes against no picks -but couldn’t overcome his team’s shoddy defense.
FSU tailback Cam Akers added 78 rushing yards, but the Seminoles ran for a modest 95 yards against Virginia’s stout defensive front. Akers joined recievers Keyshawn Helton and Gabe Nabbers in hauling one touchdown reception each for the lion’s share of Florida State’s scoring.
NCAA Football Handicapping Trends
- Cardinals are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 road games vs. a team with a losing home record.
- Cardinals are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games in September.
- Cardinals are 3-7 ATS in their last 10 games following a straight up win.
- Cardinals are 9-23 ATS in their last 32 games overall.
- Cardinals are 2-6 ATS vs. a team with a losing record.
- Seminoles are 3-11-3 ATS in their last 17 conference games.
- Seminoles are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 home games.
- Seminoles are 1-5-1 ATS vs. a team with a winning record.
- Seminoles are 1-5 ATS in their last 6 games after allowing more than 280 yards passing in their previous game.
- Seminoles are 1-7-2 ATS in their last 10 games in September.
- Seminoles are 0-3-1 ATS in their last 4 games overall.
Free Week 4 NCAA Football Pick
This Saturday’s contest features two weak defenses and plenty of FSU offense. Though, with the Seminoles’ defensive struggles, even with a second-tier quarterback, Louisville can gain points. The easiest Cardinals scoring route is through the air where FSU allows 281 yards per game: although, Akers should shine today vs. Louisville’s soft run defense.
And with Blackmon directing traffic, Florida State will win by a couple of touchdowns over a less talented Cardinals squad.
On the UL side, expect a big game from Tutu.
4* Free NCAA Betting Pick: Florida State Covers & Slight Lean Over
I’ll take the slight lean over here as FSU has given up points all season indiscriminately. This is the same group that ceded 44 vs. ULM two weeks ago.
Week 4 Free Score Prediction: Louisville Cardinals 24 – Florida State Seminoles 37
If you’re looking for more picks like this Louisville Cardinals vs. Florida State Seminoles matchup we’ll be providing 4* free College football game predictions on the blog all bowl season long, and check out our Experts for guaranteed premium & free CFB Football picks!
Check out our Updated College Football Betting Odds.
Similar Free 4* Sports Predictions:
- Florida State Seminoles vs. Wake Forest Demon Deacons – 10/19/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Toledo Rockets vs. Ball State Cardinals- 10/19/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- San Diego State Aztecs vs. San Jose State Spartans – 10/19/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- LSU Tigers vs. Mississippi State Bulldogs – 10/19/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Nevada Wolfpack vs. Utah State Aggies – 10/19/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- ULM Warhawks vs. Appalachian State Mountaineers – 10/19/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Boise State Broncos vs. BYU Cougars – 10/19/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- TCU Horned Frogs vs. Kansas State Wildcats – 10/19/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction