Free Week 7 Prediction: Yellow Jackets vs. Blue Devils Odds
Looking for Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets vs. Duke Blue Devils free picks? Week 7 betting sees the Yellow Jackets taking on the Blue Devils on Saturday October 12 at Wallace Wade Stadium, Durham, North Carolina. Cappers Picks provides complimentary handicapping picks all NCAA football season long so stay tuned for more FREE college football predictions like this Georgia Tech Duke Week 7 free pick.
College Football Handicapping: Week 7
(1-4) Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets vs. Duke Blue Devils (3-2)
Date: Saturday, October 12th
Time: 12:30 pm EST
Venue: Wallace Wade Stadium, Durham, North Carolina
NCAA Football Spread: Duke -18
NCAA Betting Total: 59.5
Click here to view… CFB ATS Stats & NCAAF Betting Insight for this game!
Georgia Tech was supposed to take a step back this season but I think this has been harder than expected. If you are a fan of the program you just have to have faith.
Duke has been getting lots of positive pub this season. A classic case of being better than you think.
Still they are not accustomed to being this heavy a favourite. I am not sure I am comfortable with it.
Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets
It has not looked good for Georgia Tech in the first season under Geoff Collins. We all knew there would be some pain but losing to the Citadel? 2 points at Temple…Ouch.
Switching from the triple options is a process but I don’t think anyone expected that it would be this brutal to watch. GT is 125th in passing this season at 135ypg. They have more than doubles the attempts but are no more efficient than they were.
Conversely the defense has been really good against the pass but poor against the run. 30.2ppg is worse than they were a year ago so you can’t pin it on the old regime.
Collins seems like a good coach on the surface and I am not ready to give up on them getting this thing turned around. It just seems like this season is a write off.
Duke is no juggernaut so perhaps they can have a competitive showing on the road.
Duke Blue Devils
After three solid wins in a row Duke lost last week to Pitt. It was the kind of loss that can linger too as they scored 27 unanswered points to take the lead only to lose on a late TD by the Panthers.
Duke has been more competitive this season and it has been a total team effort. There is no one aspect of their game that stands out or gives them an advantage. I suppose it is good coaching.
The defense is nicely balanced and will simply force Georgia Tech to move the ball up and down the field, assuming they make a mistake before they score.
When they have the ball they are usually pretty creative. Quarterback Quentin Harris leads the team in rushing and passing but has been known to make mistakes.
NCAA Football Handicapping Trends
- GT are 0-8 ATS in their last 8 games overall.
- GT are 2-7 ATS vs. a team with a winning record.
- GT are 5-15-1 ATS in their last 21 games on grass.
- Under is 9-3 in DUKE last 12 games in October.
- DUKE are 2-6 ATS in their last 8 home games.
Free Week 7 NCAA Football Pick
Duke is not a powerhouse program in football so seeing them as an 18 point favourite is unusual. Even the basketball team is only a favourite like that a few times a season.
4* Free NCAA Betting Pick: Under
I am not high on Tech being very competitive in this one. Still as long as they are not turning it over like crazy I am not sure how the Blue Devils score enough to cover and get the over. I think Duke wins but this game plays our more modestly.
Duke is not a juggernaut and I always like them better in underdog roles. That is where their coaching and innovation really shine through.
Week 7 Free Score Prediction: Duke 30 – Georgia Tech 10
If you’re looking for more picks like this Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets vs. Duke Blue Devils matchup we’ll be providing 4* free College football game predictions on the blog all season long, and check out our Experts for guaranteed premium & free CFB Football picks!
Check out our Updated College Football Betting Odds.
Similar Free 4* Sports Predictions:
- Duke Blue Devils vs. Virginia Cavaliers – 10/19/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Kentucky Wildcats vs. Georgia Bulldogs – 10/19/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Coastal Carolina Chanticleers vs. Georgia Southern Eagles – 10/19/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Arizona State Sun Devils vs. Utah Utes – 10/19/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Southern Mississippi Golden Eagles vs. Louisiana Tech Bulldogs – 10/19/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- North Carolina Tar Heels vs. Virginia Tech Hokies – 10/19/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Kansas Jayhawks vs. Texas Longhorns – 10/19/19 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Rice Owls vs. UTSA Roadrunners – 10/19/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction