Free Week 5 Prediction: Owls vs. 49ers Odds
Looking for Florida Atlantic Owls vs. Charlotte 49ers free picks? Week 5 betting sees the Owls taking on the 49ers Saturday September 28th at Jerry Richardson Stadium, Charlotte, North Carolina. Cappers Picks provides complimentary handicapping picks all NCAA football season long so stay tuned for more FREE college football predictions like this Owls 49ers Week 5 free pick.
College Football Handicapping: Week 5
(2-2) Florida Atlantic Owls vs. Charlotte 49ers (2-2)
Date: Saturday, September 28th 2019
Time: 3:30 pm EST
Venue: Jerry Richardson Stadium, Charlotte, North Carolina
NCAA Football Spread: FAU -1
NCAA Betting Total: 65.5
Live CFB Odds
Updated Sportsbook Bonuses For Today
We have reached week five of the college football season which means there are a lot of conference showdowns. In this game it’s a C-USA showdown between the FAU Owls and the Charlotte 49ers.
Last year when these two teams faced off the 49ers came out ahead 27-24.
Florida Atlantic Owls
The Florida Atlantic Owls struggled to start the season losing their first two games against Ohio State and UCF, but in the last two games they have played easier competition and it has led to a lot better outcomes.
The last two games they have scored at least 41 points, and a big reason is because of the way their quarterback has played.
Under center it’s Chris Robinson who has been a standout throwing for 1100 yards, 10 touchdowns, and one interception. It’s key that he continues to not turn the ball over, and if they want to win this game he needs to be strong.
On the defensive side is where FAU has had some issues. This is a team that gave up 31 points to Ball State and they really don’t want to have to lean on the offense in this game.
They are also on the road in this game which means it’s going to be key that they get to out to a fast start.
On the other side of this matchup is the Charlotte 49ers who have struggled against the good teams and played well against the terrible teams, so it’s still hard to know exactly what they have going forward.
They have proven against teams that aren’t great they can run up the score, and against a bad defense they need to take advantage.
For the 49ers on the offensive side they are a run first time, and they need to establish the run early in this game. ON the season they are averaging 206 yards per game.
At quarterback the 49ers are led by Chris Reynolds who has thrown for 630 yards, seven touchdowns and three interceptions.
If the 49ers want to make a bowl game, it’s going to be key that they win this game, because their schedule doesn’t have many easy games.
NCAA Football Handicapping Trends
- FAU are 1-7 ATS in their last 8 games in September.
- Under is 8-3 in FAU last 11 games on turf.
- Under is 7-3 in FAU last 10 conference games.
- CHAR are 9-3 ATS in their last 12 home games.
- Over is 6-2 in CHAR last 8 games on turf.
- CHAR are 10-4 ATS in their last 14 games on turf.
Free Week 5 NCAA Football Pick
FAU has given a better fighter against the better teams, and I think in this game they are going to get out to quick start.
4* Free NCAA Betting Pick: FAU -1
I think this should be a high scoring game with plenty of points scored, but the official play is with FAU to cover the spread.
Week 5 Free Score Prediction: FAU 42 – Charlotte 35
If you’re looking for more picks like this Florida Atlantic Owls vs. Charlotte 49ers matchup we’ll be providing 4* free College football game predictions on the blog all bowl season long, and check out our Experts for guaranteed premium & free CFB Football picks!
Check out our Updated College Football Betting Odds.
Similar Free 4* Sports Predictions:
- Charlotte 49ers vs. Western Kentucky Hilltoppers – 10/19/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Rice Owls vs. UTSA Roadrunners – 10/19/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Florida State Seminoles vs. Wake Forest Demon Deacons – 10/19/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Kansas Jayhawks vs. Texas Longhorns – 10/19/19 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Missouri Tigers vs. Vanderbilt Commodores – 10/19/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Akron Zips – 10/19/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Kentucky Wildcats vs. Georgia Bulldogs – 10/19/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- USF Bulls vs. Navy Midshipmen – 10/19/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction