Free Week 3 Prediction: Eagles vs. Fighting Illini Odds
Looking for Eastern Michigan Eagles vs. Illinois Fighting Illini free picks? Week 3 betting sees the Eagles taking on the Fighting Illini Saturday September 14th at Memorial Stadium, Champaign, Illinois. Cappers Picks provides complimentary handicapping picks all NCAA football season long so stay tuned for more FREE college football predictions like this Eagles Fighting Illini Week 3 free pick.
College Football Handicapping: Week 3
(1-1) Eastern Michigan Eagles vs. Illinois Fighting Illini (2-0)
Date: Saturday, September 14
Time: 12:00 pm EST
Venue: Memorial Stadium, Champaign, Illinois
NCAA Football Spread: Illinois -8
NCAA Betting Total: 55
Live CFB Odds
Updated Sportsbook Bonuses For Today
We have reached week three of the college football season and in this game it’s a non-conference showdown. In this game the Eastern Michigan Eagles make the trip to Memorial Stadium to take on the Illinois Fighting Illini.
This is the first meeting between the two teams.
Eastern Michigan Eagles
The Eastern Michigan Eagles started off the season with a nice win on the road against Coastal Carolina, but in the last game they struggled against the Kentucky Wildcats.
This is a team that is built to have good defense, but against Kentucky the defense really struggled giving up 38 points and that led to a loss.
The offense is fine for this team, but they aren’t built for shootouts. At quarterback the Eagles are led by Mike Glass who has thrown for 525 yards, five touchdowns, and two interceptions.
He looked good against the Wildcats except for the interceptions, so he should have some good confidence heading into this week.
In this game it’s going to come down to good defensive plays. If they can keep this a low scoring game, the offense could do enough to keep them in this game.
Illinois Fighting Illini
On the other side of this matchup is the Illinois Fighting Illini who have won their first two games of the year, but they really haven’t been tested.
In the first game they blew out a bad Akron team, and in their last game against Connecticut, they let them hang around probably more than they wanted to.
At quarterback the Fighting Illini are led by Brandon Peters who has been solid this year throwing for 370 yards, seven touchdowns, and one interception.
On the defensive side they need takeovers to be successful. Maybe not in this game, but going forward that is going to be a key.
In this game if they can get a few turnovers they really could blow this game open early, and that should lead to a big victory.
NCAA Football Handicapping Trends
- Under is 9-2 in EMU last 11 games in September.
- EMU are 21-7-1 ATS in their last 29 road games.
- EMU are 15-6 ATS vs. a team with a winning record.
- Under is 13-3 in ILL last 16 non-conference games.
- ILL are 4-10 ATS in their last 14 vs. MAC.
- Under is 22-10 in ILL last 32 home games.
Free Week 3 NCAA Football Pick
The Fighting Illini are the better team, but I think the Eagles have enough defense to keep this game close.
4* Free NCAA Betting Pick: Eagles ATS
Look for the Illini to get a late touchdown, to win the game, but the Eagles will do just enough to cover the spread.
Week 3 Free Score Prediction: Illinois 27 – Eagles 20
If you’re looking for more picks like this Eastern Michigan Eagles vs. Illinois Fighting Illini matchup we’ll be providing 4* free College football game predictions on the blog all bowl season long, and check out our Experts for guaranteed premium & free CFB Football picks!
Check out our Updated College Football Betting Odds.
Similar Free 4* Sports Predictions:
- Nebraska Cornhuskers vs. Illinois Fighting Illini- 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Central Connecticut Blue Devils vs. Eastern Michigan Eagles – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Boston College Eagles vs. Rutgers Scarlet Knights – 9/21/19 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Central Michigan Chippewas vs. Miami Hurricanes – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Western Michigan Broncos vs. Syracuse Orange – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Oregon Ducks vs. Stanford Cardinal – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Baylor Bears vs. Rice Owls – 9/21/19 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- UCONN Huskies vs. Indiana Hoosiers – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction