Free Week 3 Prediction: Pirates vs. Midshipmen Odds
Looking for East Carolina Pirates vs. Navy Midshipmen free picks? Week 3 betting sees the Pirates taking on the Midshipmen Saturday September 14th at Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium, Annapolis, Maryland. Cappers Picks provides complimentary handicapping picks all NCAA football season long so stay tuned for more FREE college football predictions like this Pirates Midshipmen Week 3 free pick.
College Football Handicapping: Week 3
(1-1) East Carolina Pirates vs. Navy Midshipmen (1-0)
Date: Saturday, September 14
Time: 3:30 pm EST
Venue: Navy-Marine Corps Memorial Stadium, Annapolis, Maryland
NCAA Football Spread: Navy -7.5
NCAA Betting Total: 56.5
Live CFB Odds
Updated Sportsbook Bonuses For Today
We have reached week three of the college football season and in this game it’s an AAC showdown. The East Carolina Pirates make the trip to Annapolis to take on the Navy Midshipmen.
The last time these two teams played was in 2016 when Navy won 66-31.
East Carolina Pirates
The East Carolina Pirates season started with a blowout loss, and in the last game they won in blowout fashion.
Against NC State the offense struggled scoring only six points and that wasn’t enough to keep it close, and they failed to cover the spread.
In their last game against Gardner-Webb the offense was really good putting up 48 points, and that led to a win and cover of the spread.
At quarterback the Pirates are led by Holton Ahlers who has thrown for 363 yards, one touchdown, and two interceptions.
In this game they need to play a complete game, and on defense they need to find a way to slow down the run. If they can stop the run on defense, they will have a shot to pull the upset.
On the other side of this matchup is the Navy Midshipmen who played their first game and then had a week off last weekend.
In the first game they took on Holy Cross and it was an easy game on the schedule. They were elite on both sides of the ball and that led to a 45-7 victory.
The Navy run the triple-option and in the first gmae they were strong rushing for 428 yards on the ground. They also passed for 103 yards.
On the defensive side they only gave up seven points and a big reason was the way they slowed down the run giving up only 65 yards on the ground.
In this game they need to have a complete game, but the defense is going to have to be a bigger test and they need to be better.
NCAA Football Handicapping Trends
- ECU are 7-21 ATS in their last 28 road games.
- ECU are 14-41 ATS vs. a team with a winning record.
- Over is 8-3 in ECU last 11 road games.
- Over is 8-3 in NAVY last 11 games as a favorite.
- Over is 16-7 in NAVY last 23 home games.
Free Week 3 NCAA Football Pick
I don’t love this game, because I don’t know how good Navy really is because Holy Cross is not much of a test at all.
4* Free NCAA Betting Pick: Pirates ATS
I do think Navy is the better team, but I think the Pirates can keep it close. Back the Pirates to cover the spread.
Week 3 Free Score Prediction: Navy 27 – East Carolina 21
If you’re looking for more picks like this East Carolina Pirates vs. Navy Midshipmen matchup we’ll be providing 4* free College football game predictions on the blog all bowl season long, and check out our Experts for guaranteed premium & free CFB Football picks!
Check out our Updated College Football Betting Odds.
Similar Free 4* Sports Predictions:
- William & Marry Tribe VS. East Carolina Pirates – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- South Carolina Gamecocks vs. Missouri Tigers – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Coastal Carolina Chanticleers vs. UMass Minutemen – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Appalachian State Mountaineers vs. North Carolina Tar Heels – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Oregon Ducks vs. Stanford Cardinal – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Baylor Bears vs. Rice Owls – 9/21/19 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- UCONN Huskies vs. Indiana Hoosiers – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- LSU Tigers vs. Vanderbilt Commodores – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction