Free Week 3 Prediction: Blue Devils vs. Blue Raiders Odds
Looking for Duke Blue Devils vs. Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders free picks? Week 3 betting sees the Blue Devils taking on the Blue Raiders on Saturday September 14th at Johnny “Red” Floyd Stadium, Murfreesboro, Tennessee. Cappers Picks provides complimentary handicapping picks all NCAA football season long so stay tuned for more FREE college football predictions like this Northern Illinois Wyoming Week 3 free pick.
College Football Handicapping: Week 3
(1-1) Duke Blue Devils vs. Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders (1-1)
Date: Saturday, September 14th 2019
Time: 7:00 pm EST
Venue: Johnny “Red” Floyd Stadium, Murfreesboro, Tennessee
NCAA Football Spread: Duke -6.5
NCAA Betting Total: 50.5
Live CFB Odds
Updated Sportsbook Bonuses For Today
Duke football is just a placeholder until hoops season starts…most of the time.
They are a bit better than that but hardly a juggernaut.
Middle Tennessee is a respectable CUSA program, but they are in transition.
Duke Blue Devils
Duke got beat up in their opener by Alabama, everyone saw that coming. Ditto for the follow up, a win over NC A&T.
Daniel Jones is in the NFL opening up a spot for Quentin Harris. Harris got nothing done against Bama but was productive last week. His true level is probably somewhere in between.
The same goes for the Duke defense. They gave up over 40 against the Crimson Tide but only 14 points last week to a lesser foe.
This is not an especially strong Duke team. They should win the games they are supposed to though as they are very well coached.
Kudos to the program for visiting a mid major in a true road game. It does not happen a lot.
Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders
The schedule profile of the Blue Raiders is similar to Duke’s. They got beat soundly by a blue blood (Michigan) but then rebounded with a win over an FCS team (Tennessee State).
They are also working in a new quarterback, Asher O’Hara. He is a much better athlete than the last guy and leads the team in running and passing.
I have often liked the MTU program for its steadiness. They are well coached too and have a great shot here.
The key will be getting their fans hyped up to take on an ACC foe. The Blue Raiders have to get off to a good start and let their supporters energize them. O’Hara can be a difference maker.
NCAA Football Handicapping Trends
- DUKE are 7-2 ATS in their last 9 road games.
- Under is 13-6 in DUKE last 19 games in September.
- Under is 8-2 in MTU last 10 games in September.
- Under is 9-3-1 in MTU last 13 home games.
Free Week 3 NCAA Football Pick
I am going to sprinkle a little on the home team. Look for O’Hara to be the difference maker.
4* Free NCAA Betting Pick: Middle Tennessee +6.5
O’Hara is going to have to do it with his legs and his arm in this one. Make the kind of plays that puts the team on his back so to speak.
Duke is not going to rollover but they will be under the gun and come up short on the line and lose the game.
Week 3 Free Score Prediction: Middle Tenessee 30 – Duke 24
If you’re looking for more picks like this Duke Blue Devils vs. Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders matchup we’ll be providing 4* free College football game predictions on the blog all season long, and check out our Experts for guaranteed premium & free CFB Football picks!
Check out our Updated College Football Betting Odds.
Similar Free 4* Sports Predictions:
- Central Connecticut Blue Devils vs. Eastern Michigan Eagles – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Colorado Buffaloes vs. Arizona State Sun Devils – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- UCF Knights vs. Pitt Panthers – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Wagner Seahawks vs. FAU Owls – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Oregon Ducks vs. Stanford Cardinal – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Baylor Bears vs. Rice Owls – 9/21/19 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Louisville Cardinals vs. Florida State Seminoles – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB betting Prediction
- Old Dominion Monarchs vs. Virginia Cavaliers – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction