Free Week 3 Prediction: Mocs vs Volunteers Odds
Looking for Chattanooga Mocs vs. Tennessee Volunteers free picks? Week 3 betting sees the Mocs taking on the Volunteers Saturday, September 14 at Neyland Stadium in Knoxville, Tennessee. Cappers Picks provides complimentary handicapping picks all NCAA football season long so stay tuned for more FREE college football predictions like this Chattanooga Tennessee Week 3 free pick.
College Football Handicapping: Week 3
(1-1) Chattanooga Mocs vs. Tennessee Volunteers (0-2)
Date: Saturday, September 14, 2019
Time: 12:00 pm EST
Venue: Neyland Stadium, Knoxville, Tennessee
NCAA Football Spread: -28 Vols
NCAA Betting Total: 51.5
Live CFB Odds
Updated Sportsbook Bonuses For Today
Struggling at the beginning of a season marked with expectations, the Tennessee Volunteers seek their first 2019 win today vs. in-state FCS rival Chattanooga.
The Volunteers are currently 0-2 after losses against BYU and Georgia State.
Chattanooga enters this weekend’s contest 1-1, having beaten Eastern Illinois and recently losing vs. Jacksonville State.
The Mocs look to continue Tennesse’s string of disappointing performances this weekend in the schools’ first meeting since 2006.
And while normally Chattanooga would present no challenge for UT, the Mocs’ chances Saturday appear much stronger after Tennessee’s recent OT loss vs. Georgia State.
That noted, the Mocs suffered a blowout last week vs. Jacksonville State. Senior quarterback Nick Tiano fell flat, completing just 50% of his passes against the Gamecocks’ secondary.
Overall, JSU dominated total yardage opposite Chattanooga 509 to 303. Amid the wreckage, Mocs Freshman tailback Ailym Ford added 127 yards and one touchdown on 27 carries. Ford’s breakthrough was a lone week 2 bright spot for Chattanooga.
Expected to move up the SEC West, Tennessee instead sits among a multitude of questions following an opening-week loss vs. FCS also-ran Georgia State. The Panthers finished 2-10 last year and were tied for last place in the Sun Belt Conference.
Last Saturday, the Vols came up short during a redemption effort opposite BYU. The Cougars sealed UT’s fate with an overtime rally. Tennessee has given up leads in both their 2019 losses.
The Volunteer defense, which became an off-season recruiting point, has shown early depth issues. After leading 13-3 at halftime, UT was stunned by Cougars QB Zach Wilson and a gritty BYU ground attack.
NCAA Football Handicapping Trends
- Tennessee is 0-2 SU this season.
- The Chattanooga Mocs are 1-1 SU this season.
- Tennessee is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games
- Tennessee is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games
- Tennessee is 1-7 ATS in its last 8 games at home
- Tennessee is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Tennessee’s last 7 games at home
Free Week 3 NCAA Football Pick
Seemingly outmatched Georgia State overcame 20-plus point odds two weeks ago to show anything’s possible between the hash marks. Unfortunately, Tennessee wasn’t on the wrong side of that defining moment.
Yet, a loss that conspicuous generally brings a concerted effort to avoid such future embarrassment.
Tennessee may not satisfy summer expectations this season, but they will put down the hammer vs. Chattanooga.
4* Free NCAA Betting Pick: Mocs cover and small lean Under
Expect a bounce back performance today from a UT group in need of a statement.
Talent, especially against Chattanooga, isn’t an issue with Tennessee. Discipline has been the problem. That stated, I’ll take the Mocs to eke last the line this Saturday in a contest the Vols will be happy to win.
Week 3 Free Score Prediction: Chattanooga Mocs 14 – Tennessee Volunteers 36
If you’re looking for more picks like this Chattanooga Mocs vs. Tennessee Volunteers matchup we’ll be providing 4* free College football game predictions on the blog all bowl season long, and check out our Experts for guaranteed premium & free CFB Football picks!
Check out our Updated College Football Betting Odds.
Similar Free 4* Sports Predictions:
- UCF Knights vs. Pitt Panthers – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Wagner Seahawks vs. FAU Owls – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Oregon Ducks vs. Stanford Cardinal – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Baylor Bears vs. Rice Owls – 9/21/19 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Louisville Cardinals vs. Florida State Seminoles – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB betting Prediction
- Old Dominion Monarchs vs. Virginia Cavaliers – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- UCLA Bruins vs. Washington State Cougars – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Central Michigan Chippewas vs. Miami Hurricanes – 9/21/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction