Free Week 4 Prediction: Eagles vs Scarlet Knights Odds
Looking for Boston College Eagles vs. Rutgers Scarlet Knights free picks? Week 4 betting sees the Eagles taking on the Scarlet Knights Saturday September 21st at Highpoint.com Stadium in Piscataway, New Jersey. Cappers Picks provides complimentary handicapping picks all NCAA football season long so stay tuned for more FREE college football predictions like this Boston College Rutgers Week 4 free pick.
College Football Handicapping: Week 4
(2-1) Boston College Eagles vs. Rutgers Scarlet Knights (1-1)
Date: Saturday, September 21st 2019
Time: 12:00 pm EST
Venue: Highpoint.com Stadium, Piscataway, New Jersey
NCAA Football Spread: Boston College -7.5
NCAA Betting Total: 53.5
Live CFB Odds
Updated Sportsbook Bonuses For Today
The Rutgers Scarlet Knights play host to the Boston College Eagles for a Saturday afternoon matchup. Boston College is favored by 7.5 points with the total being set at 53.5 points.
Will Boston College take care of business on the road or will Rutgers pull out a key home win?
Boston College Eagles
The Boston College Eagles are coming off a 48-24 loss on Friday to the Kansas Jayhawks. Boston College got off to a quick 17-7 start before the Jayhawks offense woke up. The Jayhawks ground attack was too much for Boston College. Khalil Herbert (187 yards), and Pooka Williams Jr. (121 yards) dominated the Eagles.
Anthony Brown struggled most of the night with 195 passing yards and a touchdown on 18/36 completions. AJ Dillon had a huge game for Boston College with 151 yards and a touchdown. The star back has 318 yards and four touchdowns in the first three games. The last two seasons he has rushed for at least 1,100 yards and 10 touchdowns.
Boston College receivers, Hunter Long (48 yards) and Kobay White (45 yards) were quiet most of the game. It was a disappointing loss for the Eagles against a Kansas team who had lost 48 games on the road against Power 5 conference schools.
Rutgers Scarlet Knights
The Rutgers didn’t play this past weekend.
The last time they were on the field they were embarrassed against 20th ranked Iowa 30-0 on September 7th. Rutgers struggled to move the ball throughout the contest and they had three turnovers.
Scarlet Knights signal-callers McLane Carter (28 yards), and Artur Sitkowski (19 yards) had terrible performances and had an interception each. It was a surprising contest for Carter who had 340 yards the week before.
The Rutgers ground attack wasn’t much better as they had a combined 78 yards on 22 carries.
Isaih Pacheco had 36 yards on nine carries. Pacheco also led the team with 31 receiving yards on four receptions.
The Scarlet Knights had no chance at containing Nate Stanley who shredded their defense with 236 passing yards and four touchdowns. Tyshon Fogg and Drew Singleton led the defense with seven tackles apiece.
NCAA Football Handicapping Trends
- Eagles are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games after allowing more than 40 points in their previous game.
- Eagles are 8-2 ATS in their last 10 road games.
- Eagles are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 games after allowing more than 200 yards rushing in their previous game.
- Scarlet Knights are 3-8 ATS in their last 11 games after accumulating less than 100 yards rushing in their previous game.
- Scarlet Knights are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games in September.
Free Week 4 NCAA Football Pick
As good as McLane Carter looked a few weeks ago there’s some concern due to how he played against Iowa. The Eagles got a strong ground game led by Dillon and that will be the difference.
4* Free NCAA Betting Pick: Boston College -7.5
I expect the Eagles to win by double digits on the road here.
Week 4 Free Score Prediction: Boston College Eagles 34 – Rutgers Scarlet Knights 23
If you’re looking for more picks like this Boston College Eagles vs. Rutgers Scarlet Knights matchup we’ll be providing 4* free College football game predictions on the blog all bowl season long, and check out our Experts for guaranteed premium & free CFB Football picks!
Check out our Updated College Football Betting Odds.
Similar Free 4* Sports Predictions:
- East Carolina Pirates vs. UCF Knights – 10/19/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Eastern Michigan Eagles vs. Toledo Rockets – 10/26/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Coastal Carolina Chanticleers vs. Georgia Southern Eagles – 10/19/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Southern Mississippi Golden Eagles vs. Louisiana Tech Bulldogs – 10/19/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Western Michigan Broncos vs. Eastern Michigan Eagles – 10/19/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- SMU Mustangs vs. Houston Cougars – 10/24/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Indiana Hoosiers vs. Nebraska Cornhuskers – 10/26/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Kansas Jayhawks vs. Texas Longhorns – 10/19/19 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction