Free Week 4 Prediction: Bears vs Owls Odds
Looking for Baylor Bears vs. Rice Owls free picks? Week 4 College football betting sees the Bears take on the Owls Saturday, September 21st at Rice Stadium, Houston, Texas. Cappers Picks provides complimentary handicapping picks all NCAA football season long so stay tuned for more FREE college football predictions.
(2-0) Baylor Bears vs. Rice Owls (0-3)
Date: Saturday, September 21st
Time: 7:00 PM/ET
Venue: Rice Stadium, Houston, Texas
NCAA Football Spread: Baylor -26.5
NCAA Betting Total: 58
Live CFB Odds
Updated Sportsbook Bonuses For Today
The Baylor Bears will travel to Rice Stadium to take on the Rice Owls for a Saturday night contest. Baylor is a heavy favorite (-26.5) and the total is set at 58 points.
The Bears are led by a strong rush attack that has 636 yards and nine touchdowns in just two games.
Will Rice shock the world and pick up their first win of the season against a strong Bears team? Find out below as we preview this one.
The Bears had a bye week this past weekend. Their last game came on Sep. 7 when they blew out the UTSA Roadrunners 63-14. Baylor scored the first 49 points of the game and the Roadrunners never stood a chance. Charlie Brewer led the Bears with 163 passing yards and four touchdowns on 12/16 completions.
Baylor’s ground attack was special in the game. As a team the Bears rushed for 368 rushing yards and five touchdowns. Gerry Bohanon (93 yards), Trestan Ebner (76 yards), John Lovett (69 yards), and Qualan Jones (63 yards).
Denzel Mims had a big game for the Bears with 101 receiving yards and three touchdowns. Despite it being a blowout the Bears only forced one turnover. Clay Johnson had a big game on defense as he had six tackles and 1.5 sacks.
The Owls are coming off a 48-13 loss to the no. 12 Texas Longhorns on Saturday.
Rice trailed 31-0 at the half and they never stood a chance in this game. Longhorns quarterback Sam Ehlinger had a big game going for 279 passing yards and three touchdowns.
Owls signal-caller Tom Stewart had a decent game with 179 passing yards and two touchdowns. The issue for Rice came on the ground game which finished with a total of 87 yards on 31 carries as a team. Aston Walter led the Owls with 69 yards on 16 carries.
Austin Trammell had a team-high 97 receiving yards on six receptions. Brad Rozner had a nice 41-yard catch in the loss. It was a clean game as neither side committed a turnover. Texas out-gained Rice 509-266 in total yards to the surprise of no one.
NCAA Football Handicapping Trends
- Bears are 4-1-1 ATS in their last 6 games after accumulating more than 200 yards rushing in their previous game.
- Bears are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 road games.
- Bears are 7-2-1 ATS in their last 10 vs. CUSA.
- Owls are 1-4-1 ATS in their last 6 home games.
- Owls are 0-3-1 ATS in their last 4 games in September.
- underdog is 1-5 ATS in their last 6 meetings.
Free Week 4 NCAA Football Prediction: Baylor -26.5
Just like in their matchup against the Longhorns, the Owls are out-matched here. I expect the Bears to run like crazy over a shaky Rice defense.
4* Free NCAA Betting Pick: Baylor -26.5
Look for Brewer to have a strong game for Baylor as well. The Bears should win this one by at least 30 as the Owls will have issues scoring in this spot.
Week 4 Free Score Prediction: Baylor 47 – Rice 13
If you’re looking for more picks like Baylor Bears vs. Rice Owls matchup we’ll be providing 4* free College football predictions on the blog all season long, and check out our Experts for guaranteed premium & free CFB Football picks!
CappersPicks.com has College football odds up on a ton of futures, and you will also find NCAA football lines up for early games as well.
Similar Free 4* Sports Predictions:
- Rice Owls vs. UTSA Roadrunners – 10/19/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Oregon State Beavers vs. California Golden Bears – 10/19/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Kansas Jayhawks vs. Texas Longhorns – 10/19/19 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Missouri Tigers vs. Vanderbilt Commodores – 10/19/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Buffalo Bulls vs. Akron Zips – 10/19/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Kentucky Wildcats vs. Georgia Bulldogs – 10/19/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- USF Bulls vs. Navy Midshipmen – 10/19/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Indiana Hoosiers vs. Maryland Terrapins – 10/19/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction