Week 3 NFL-X Prediction: Eagles vs Packers
NFL Football betting sees the Philadelphia Eagles taking on the Green Bay Packers on August 29th at Lambeau Field in Green Bay, Wisconsin. Cappers Picks provides complimentary 4* FREE handicapping picks all NFL pre-season long so stay tuned for more FREE NFL football predictions.
Preseason Week 3
An exciting regular season matchup this one probably won’t live up to the hype.
As long as Chip Kelly is the coach the Eagles are never going to be boring, which is good for this time of the year.
They have crushed their first two opponents and even though he has not played much it appears Sam Bradford will be the QB this season so we may see more of him in this one.
Tim Tebow is still on the roster at the moment but he has only looked good tucking and running. No real surprise there but it could be a factor in this one if he gets to play at all. I have never been his biggest fan but it is hard to imagine now how he led the Broncos to the playoffs many moons ago.
We should probably see more of that infamous tempo this week if they play the starters a lot this week. Even if they don’t that is very tough to prepare for in the preseason, in fact most coaches are admitting that they are not paying much attention to it before they play the Eagles. A huge advantage for Philly.
Green Bay was supposed to have the best offense in football but now they have lost top receiver Jordy Nelson.
If this is truly a dress rehearsal we should get an idea of how they plan to overcome that loss but it looks like they are going to use an internal solution. Here is a crazy thought – switch rookie QB Brett Hundley. The guy is a supreme athlete and it is not like he was going to see many snaps at QB this season anyway.
That is because of QB Aaron Rodgers who has looked ready to start the season.
One thing we might get a bead on is how they are going to use their defensive personnel this season. Last year Clay Matthews spent time in the middle and looked really natural there. His rush skills really add a dynamic.
We might get an inkling but perhaps not because he can be pretty brittle and they will seek to avoid injury.
Both of these teams are contenders and will look to get in and out of this one without revealing and/or exposing too much. They other than who replaces Nelson they don’t have a ton of question marks at this time.
NFL Football Betting Trends:
- Eagles are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games on grass.
- Packers are 37-17-1 ATS in their last 55 games on grass.
- Packers are 33-16-2 ATS in their last 51 home games.
- Over is 6-1 in Eagles last 7 games on grass.
- Over is 4-1 in Eagles last 5 road games.
- Over is 7-2 in Eagles last 9 games overall.
- Over is 5-2 in Eagles last 7 vs. NFC.
- Over is 7-2 in Packers last 9 home games.
- Over is 9-3 in Packers last 12 games on grass.
- Over is 9-3 in Packers last 12 vs. NFC.
- Over is 5-2 in Packers last 7 Saturday games.
- Over is 15-7 in Packers last 22 games overall.
- Under is 6-1 in the last 7 meetings.
- Under is 4-1 in the last 5 meetings in Green Bay.
- Favorite is 6-2 ATS in their last 8 meetings.
- Eagles are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 meetings.
4* NFL Betting Pick: Eagles 5
It is hard to argue against what we are seeing from Philly right now. They are rolling while the Packers are reeling
NFL Score Prediction: Philadelphia 30 – Green Bay 20
The Eagles can’t just steamroll everybody. Can they?
We’ll be providing 4* free NFL predictions on the blog all season long, and check out our EXPERTS for guaranteed premium NFL Football picks!