Dave B’s MLB Power Rankings – May 29th
Two weeks have passed since my last Power Rankings and unlike a couple of weeks ago; there has been some change throughout the rankings. Teams are emerging while others are fading as we start ramping up for the Dog Days! Who are those teams?
Do you want an incredible 10% back on your wins and losses...every week??? BET ON MLB ONLINE and Enjoy Live Online Betting at A WORLD CLASS Sportsbook!
Without further adieu, let’s take a look at Dave B’s bi-weekly look at the MLB Power Rankings.
1. Los Angeles Dodgers (2) – The Dodgers currently have the best record in baseball on the heels of an 8-2 stretch. The pitching and offense have yet to slow down so far this season and the 21-5 home record is incredible.
2. Texas Rangers (1) – The Rangers absolutely destroyed the Blue Jays over the weekend and with everyone up and down the order looking uber-dangerous, it is hard to see this team slowing down.
3. Baltimore Orioles (3) – The Orioles continue to lead the AL East bur are losing their grip. This may be the last week in the top 5 for the Birds but it is still nice to see them there.
4. Tampa Bay Rays (5) – The Rays have caught the Orioles finally and with the hitting finally catching up to the pitching the Rays are scary – even without Evan Longoria in the lineup.
5. Washington Nationals (8) – The biggest surprise in baseball the Nats have opened up a 2.5 game lead in their division and have the second best record in the NL. The pitching is potent and the offense is doing just enough for this team to continue to ascend to elite status.
6. Cincinnati Reds (13) – the Reds are 8-2 in their last 10 games and have seized control of the NL Central. The Reds are good in every aspect of the game and with the obvious drop-off of St. Louis they could be the ones to catch in their division.
7. New York Yankees (7) – Look out – here comes the Yankees – 5 straight wins have them within striking distance of Baltimore and Tampa in the AL East. Injuries to Michael Pineda and Mariano Rivera don’t seem as daunting now with Andy Petite returning to form and with the offense doing their thing.
8. Chicago White Sox (17) – are 9-1 in their last 10 games including a sweep of Cleveland and now sit only ½ a game behind the Indians!
9. New York Mets (10) – The Mets have won three straight games and barely hold onto a Top 10 spot in the rankings. They are still playing solid ball – the pitching has been surprisingly good and the offense has exceeded expectation.
10. Atlanta Braves (4) – has lost a staggering seven games in a row and maybe should be out of the top 10 but I have faith that this is just a predictable blip that every team goes through.
11. Cleveland Indians (11) – sit atop the AL Central but have lost three straight and are in danger of succumbing to the red-hot White Sox. The Indians need a bounce back – quick!
13. St. Louis Cardinals (6) – The Cards looked good early in the season but they really look like they are fading now – 4-6 in their last 10 games. The loss of lance Berkmann really hurts a team that suddenly finds themselves slipping further behind Cincinnati.
14. San Francisco Giants (16) – I don’t know how they are doing it but the Giants are still in the Wild Card hunt despite losing some of their key elements early in the season.
15. Toronto Blue Jays (9) – The Jays lost five straight games largely due to their young starting pitching hitting a rough patch. It was a tough road trip they endured – now it’s back home to face some lesser teams in the AL.
16. Detroit Tigers (14)
17. Oakland Athletics (15)
18. Philadelphia Phillies (18)
19. Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim (21)
20. Pittsburgh Pirates (25)
21. Boston Red Sox (22)
22. Houston Astros (20)
23. Seattle Mariners (23)
24. Arizona Diamondbacks (24)
25. Milwaukee Brewers (19)
26. Colorado Rockies (26)
27. Kansas City Royals (28)
28. San Diego Padres (29)
29. Chicago Cubs (27)
30. Minnesota Twins (30)
Another MLB gambling season. It’s time to NOW bring your best baseball betting hat to the table for gambling on baseball. Cappers Picks all season long provides MLB baseball gambling predictions, so check back often.