Free Week 5 Prediction: Ohio State vs Hoosiers Odds
Week 5 College football betting sees the Ohio State Buckeyes taking on the Indiana Hoosiers on Saturday October 3 at Memorial Stadium in Bloomington, Indiana. Cappers Picks provides complimentary handicapping picks all NCAA football season long so stay tuned for more FREE college football predictions.
Ohio State Buckeyes (4-0) vs. Indiana Hoosiers (4-0)
Date: Saturday October 3
Time: 3:30 PM
Venue: Memorial Stadium – Bloomington, Indiana
NCAA Football Spread: Ohio State -21.5
NCAA Betting Total: 66.5
Updated Sportsbook Bonuses For Today
At this time of the year it is great to have a couple of undefeated teams square off but don’t kid yourself this is a big mismatch.
Ohio State probably is the best team in the country but they haven’t always played like it so far this season. They might be angry enough to make a statement in this one.
Now that they are in conference play OSU is expected to dominate. Perhaps we can steal some value with this line.
Week by week it will be interesting to see how the Buckeyes handle the pressure. In the nonconference they were not quite as sharp as expected but sometimes those games are hard to get up for.
Now that they are in-conference I expect them to play better. When the opponents are more familiar and you have a huge talent edge that is a big advantage.
Everyone knows about the embarrassment of riches OSU has at quarterback but you can only play one at a time. The real strength of this team is a defense that probably has half a dozen NFL starters on it.
The Buckeyes don’t lose to the Hoosiers but they have not covered in four straight. I think that streak is coming to an end this season. The line is lower than it has been the last couple of years but the team is much better.
For a program like Indiana a 4-0 start is huge. Sure their best win may be against Western Kentucky but they have a good shot at making a bowl this year. This is a program that needs to be more than just yards of offense. Wins do matter.
Once again the Hoosiers are a strong offensive team with absolutely no defensive presence. Transfer RB Jordan Howard is doing his best Tevin Coleman impression rushing for 145 or more yards in every game this season. If he can do that again this week it will be impressive.
Last year the Hoosiers actually had success on the ground it was through the air that they failed against OSU. QB Nate Sudfield did not play in that game though so perhaps they turn it a round a little…and they are at home.
I don’t want to say upset but the Hoosiers are going to make the Buckeyes work to cover on this one.
NCAA Football Handicapping Trends
- Under is 4-0 in Buckeyes last 4 games on fieldturf.
- Under is 4-0 in Buckeyes last 4 games following a S.U. win.
- Buckeyes are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games after allowing less than 170 yards passing in their previous game.
- Hoosiers are 4-0 ATS vs. a team with a winning record.
- Over is 3-0-1 in Hoosiers last 4 games on fieldturf.
- Hoosiers are 2-12 ATS in their last 14 games after allowing less than 100 yards rushing in their previous game.
Free Week 5 NCAA Football Prediction
You can’t ignore the fact that the Hoosies have covered 4 straight and seem to have another strong offensive team.
4* Free NCAA Betting Pick: Indiana ATS
The Hoosiers are at home and should put forth a strong effort. I don’t like that the Buckeyes seem to get off to slow starts.
Week 4 Free Score Prediction: Ohio State 41 – Indiana 24
We’ll be providing 4* free College football predictions on the blog all season long, and check out our Experts for guaranteed premium & free CFB Football picks!
CappersPicks.com has College football odds up on a ton of futures, and you will also find NCAA football lines up for early games as well.
Similar Free 4* Sports Predictions:
- Ohio State Buckeyes vs. Northwestern Wildcats – 10/18/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Baylor Bears vs. Oklahoma State Cowboys – 10/19/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- UNLV Rebels vs. Fresno State Bulldogs – 10/18/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Oregon State Beavers vs. California Golden Bears – 10/19/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Army Black Knights vs. Georgia State Panthers – 10/19/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- NC State Wolfpack vs. Boston College Eagles – 10/19/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- Iowa State Cyclones vs. Texas Tech Red Raiders – 10/19/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction
- UL Lafayette Ragin’ Cajuns vs. Arkansas State Red Wolves- 10/17/2019 Free Pick & CFB Betting Prediction