Where Each Team Stands Heading Into Week 5
Week 4 of the NFL season is in the books. The first round of byes was this past weekend – the top dog in the Rankings was one of the teams that had the week off.
NFL Spreads & Matchup Insight
The Patriots don’t lose their spot at the top just because they were idle but a couple of other teams made statements to support the notion that they should be considered a serious contender to knock them off. Six teams remain unbeaten – five appear in your top 5 this week!
So where does your favorite team sit heading into Week 4? Let’s take a look.
1. New England Patriots (3-0) Last Week – 1
Had the week off but there is still little doubt about which team is best in the NFL this week. The Pats are averaging 40 points per game so far and are your early faves to win it all again! New England has everything going – they could realistically go undefeated this year!
2. Green Bay Packers (4-0) Last Week – 2
The Packers proved on Sunday that they can win any type of game imaginable. This week it was more about the underrated defense instead of the sound offense. The Packers dominated the 49ers in Week 4 and are still an easy #2 in the Rankings this week.
3. Cincinnati Bengals (4-0) Last Week – 3
The Bengals may be a step down from the top 2 in the Rankings but they have to be given their due. They are deep and talented in both the run AND the passing game – a nightmare for opposing D-Coordinators to deal with.
Andy Dalton is exceeding expectation and the defense has been sound as well. We’ll see where the Bengals are once the playoffs roll around but for now they are a top 3 team in the Rankings.
4. Denver Broncos (4-0) Last Week – 5
The Broncos still haven’t looked terrific in any one game but they are still winning. For once the defense is stepping up and winning this team games. Peyton Manning is doing just enough and the running game showed signs of breaking out Sunday.
Denver is suddenly a well-balanced team and is 4-0 despite not putting out their best effort!
5. Atlanta Falcons (4-0) Last Week – 8
Let me get this straight. Julio Jones had four catches for 40 yards and the Falcons still put up 40 points on Sunday? Scary! Devonte Freeman scored three more TDs on Sunday and is the difference maker the team has lacked in prior seasons. Freeman has 448 total yards so far and is as good a back as there is in the game right now.
The coaching change has done wonders in Atlanta – the most unexpected top 5 team I can remember!
6. Seattle Seahawks (2-2) Last Week – 6
The Seahawks clawed their way to the .500 record. Kam Chancellor’s presence cannot be overstated for this team. His instincts on the field won the game for Seattle on Monday night. Russell Wilson looked consistently good against a ton of pressure Monday night as well. Seattle is back folks – top 5 here they come!
7. Arizona Cardinals (3-1) Last Week – 4
The Cards lost a tough one at home against the Rams on Sunday. They were exposed a little bit in that game- as long as Carson Palmer is pressured the Cards are vulnerable. I still think they are one of the top 3 team in the NFL – hence the 7th spot on the Rankings this week.
8. New York Jets (3-1) Last Week – 15
The Jets are 3-1! Take that Rex Ryan! The defense has been very good and the offense has done enough to make this team formidable to say the least. Chris Ivory has stabilized the running back position while Brandon Marshall has woken up. New York is a pretty balanced team and a nightmare to play against right now.
9. Buffalo Bills (2-2) Last Week – 7
One week after looking tremendous in Week 3 Tyrod Taylor looked more like the rookie he is in Buffalo’s second straight loss Sunday. The team had an astounding 17 penalties against the Giants in Week 4 – not good.
Shady McCoy may miss some time and Sammy Watkins is already banged up – issues indeed. It’s a good thing for a solid defense or this team would be in some trouble.
10. Carolina Panthers (4-0) Last Week – 10
The Panthers are 4-0 but not getting a whole lotta love. Wins over the Bucs, the Jags, the Texans and the Brees-less Saints isn’t all that impressive I have to admit. But 4-0 is 4-0. Cam Newton has looked solid and the defense is good – just wish the running game would pick up.
11. Minnesota Vikings (2-2) Last Week – 11
Gotta love the Vikings. They gave the 4-0 Broncos fits on Sunday in Denver – definitely confidence-building going forward. Adrian Peterson is arguably the best weapon in the game right now and the defense has absolutely done its job.
Minnesota has all the makings of the Cinderella team of 2015.
12. Pittsburgh Steelers (2-2) Last Week – 9
The Steelers are hanging onto a spot in the dirty dozen – by a thread. The Steelers had their Week 4 game against Baltimore won on a couple of occasions – Josh Scobee ruined that.
The good news is that the they still have Le’Veon Bell and Antonio Brown.
13. New York Giants (2-2) Last Week – 20
14. Indianapolis Colts (2-2) Last Week – 14
15. St. Louis Rams (2-2) Last Week – 17
16. San Diego Chargers (2-2) Last Week – 16
17. Dallas Cowboys (2-2) Last Week – 13
18. Kansas City Chiefs (1-3) Last Week – 12
19. New Orleans Saints (1-3) Last Week – 26
20. Baltimore Ravens (1-3) Last Week – 23
21. Cleveland Browns (1-3) Last Week – 22
22. Washington Redskins (2-2) Last Week – 29
23. Tennessee Titans (1-2) Last Week – 24
24. Oakland Raiders (2-2) Last Week – 19
25. Philadelphia Eagles (1-3) Last Week – 18
26. Detroit Lions (0-4) Last Week – 25
27. Miami Dolphins (1-3) Last Week – 21
28. Jacksonville Jaguars (1-3) Last Week – 28
29. Chicago Bears (1-3) Last Week – 31
30. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1-2) Last Week – 30
31. Houston Texans (1-3) Last Week – 27
32. San Francisco 49ers (1-3) Last Week – 32
We’ll be providing 4* free NFL predictions on the blog all season long, and check out our Experts for guaranteed premium & free NFL Week 2 Football picks!
CappersPicks.com has NFL Week 4 odds up on a ton of futures, and you will also find NFL lines up for early games as well.