WHERE EACH TEAM STANDS HEADING INTO WEEK 8
Week 7 is in the books – some top teams like Cincinnati and Denver and Green Bay had the week off – only one of those teams drops this week thanks to a good performance by one of the other undefeated teams– the top 3 will remain the same. The Pats continue to look like the best beam by far in the NFL – a perfect season has been bantered about and rightfully so.
NFL Spreads & Matchup Insight
So where does your favorite team sit heading into Week 8?
Let’s take a look.
1. New England Patriots (6-0) Last Week – 1
The Pats are 6-0 for the third time in the Tom Brady era! Incredible. Brady has been remarkable all season long and New England’s defense, although not stellar on Sunday did enough to keep this team looking like a serious threat to win it all.
There doesn’t look like a team that can beat the Pats right now – hence the #1 Ranking.
2. Green Bay Packers (6-0) Last Week – 2
The Packers had the week off but don’t lose their spot in the Rankings.
They still control home field in the NFC. A matchup in Week 8 with the undefeated Broncos is intriguing to say the least – we’ll see where they rank at this time next week!
3. Cincinnati Bengals (6-0) Last Week 3
The Bengals also had the week off – I don’t know if the break will have done them some good! Cinci. has ridden the fine play of Andy Dalton and looks every bit a challenge for the Patriots this year.
4. Carolina Panthers (6-0) Last Week – 5
The Panthers leapfrog the Broncos this week thanks to the incredible play of Cam Newton who is void of weapons on the offense but still effective and because of a defense that is on a different level right now – Luke Keuchly is a special player isn’t he?
5. Denver Broncos (6-0) Last Week – 4
The Broncos had their bye –hopefully they used the week to iron out a few kinks! The undefeated streak is certainly on the line with the Packers on the schedule this upcoming week.
Peyton Manning looks like a shadow of his former self – I’m expecting this team to fall out of the top 5 next week!
6. Atlanta Falcons (6-1) Last Week 7
The Falcons won a snoozer on Sunday – 10-7 to the lowly Titans who were playing with their backup QB. Still, with weapons like Devonta Freeman, Matt Ryan and Julio Jones the Falcons are still a very dangerous team.
7. Arizona Cardinals (5-2) Last Week – 8
The Cardinals had some trouble with the Ravens on Monday night but still put in an impressive all-around effort.
The running game was strong, the passing game was terrific and the defense was stellar. Arizona looks like one of the more balanced teams in the game right now and if not for two losses would be top 5 for sure.
8. New York Jets (4-2) Last Week – 6
The Jets played themselves quite a game on Sunday in a loss to the Patriots – no shame! If Chris Ivory hadn’t tweaked his hammy early in the game the result may have been different.
The Jets still deserve a top 10 spot – they are playing some inspired, great all-around ball right now.
9. Minnesota Vikings (4-2) Last Week – 10
The Vikings beat the Lions on Sunday but didn’t look especially impressive doing so. But at 4-2, with a defense allowing just 17 points per game and with some guy named Adrian Peterson it is hard to imagine this team dropping out of the top 10!
10. Seattle Seahawks (3-4) Last Week – 12
The Seahawks have been disappointing – true. But if their Week 7 game is a sign of things to come then they should be in decent shape in the second half of the season. Marshawn Lynch looked healthy finally and the defense was sensational.
The O-line is a concern for sure!
11. New York Giants (4-3) Last Week – 14
The Giants have lost two games this year that they should have won – they could realistically be 5-1! They have won four of their last five games despite not getting the best efforts from guys like Manning and Beckham.
New York’s defense has been strong and the team seems to be rallying. The G-Men enter the dirty dozen this week – be interesting to see if it lasts.
12. New Orleans Saints (3-4) Last Week – 16
The Saints beat the Colts on Sunday thanks to a rejuvenated running game – exactly what the Saints coaches had envisioned for this team. New Orleans has won three of their last four games and has done their best to erase the memory of a 0-3 start.
13. Buffalo Bills (3-4) Last Week – 11
14. Pittsburgh Steelers (4-3) Last Week – 9
15. Miami Dolphins (3-3) Last Week – 22
16. Philadelphia Eagles (3-4) Last Week – 13
17. St. Louis Rams (3-3) Last Week – 17
18. Indianapolis Colts (3-4) Last Week – 15
19. Kansas City Chiefs (2-5) Last Week – 24
20. Oakland Raiders (3-3) Last Week – 25
21. Dallas Cowboys (2-4) Last Week – 19
22. Chicago Bears (2-4) Last Week – 21
23. Washington Redskins (3-4) Last Week – 26
24. San Diego Chargers (2-5) Last Week – 18
25. Baltimore Ravens (1-6) Last Week – 23
26. Cleveland Browns (2-5) Last Week – 20
27. Jacksonville Jaguars (2-5) Last Week – 32
28. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2-4) Last Week – 28
29. Detroit Lions (1-6) Last Week – 29
30. San Francisco 49ers (2-5) Last Week – 27
31. Houston Texans (2-5) Last Week – 30
32. Tennessee Titans (1-5) Last Week – 31
We’ll be providing 4* free NFL predictions on the blog all season long, and check out our Experts for guaranteed premium & free NFL Week 2 Football picks!
CappersPicks.com has NFL Week 4 odds up on a ton of futures, and you will also find NFL lines up for early games as well.