Where Each Team Stands Heading Into Week 6
Week 5 of the NFL season is in the books and what a crazy week it was – upsets, comebacks and three overtime games characterized a typically unpredictable slate of games this past weekend.
NFL Spreads & Matchup Insight
There are five remaining undefeated teams – they have really started to separate themselves while there are more than a share of tremendously disappointing teams. C’mon Houston, Detroit and KC – you are better than you have been playing!
So where does your favorite team sit heading into Week 4? Let’s take a look.
1. New England Patriots (4-0) Last Week – 1
The Patriots returned after their by and beat down the Cowboys – their second straight easy game (they had Jacksonville before the bye). They outscored those two opponents 81-23 showing absolutely zero letdown against teams they should beat up on.
New England is clicking on all cylinders and a deserving #1 yet again this week.
2. Green Bay Packers (5-0) Last Week – 2
The Packers looked a tad vulnerable in Week 5 but not enough to knock them out of the #2 spot. Look – Aaron Rodgers played his worst home game in quite some time (three turnovers), Randall Cobb was invisible and Eddie Lacy was just OK – and they still beat a good Rams team.
Green Bay has a defense to match the offense all of a sudden – scary for the rest of the NFC.
3. Cincinnati Bengals (5-0) Last Week 3
The Bengals are officially in the top tier of NFL teams after their incredible 17 point comeback win over the Seahawks on Sunday – thanks in large part to the much-maligned Andy Dalton.
I know that the Bengals will be judged on what they do in the postseason but as of now Cinci. looks like a team that grew up in the offseason and could contend once January rolls around.
4. Atlanta Falcons (5-0) Last Week – 5
Julio Jones had another pedestrian game and the Falcons still won – AGAIN. The Falcons are getting it done in every aspect of the game right now – the defense is certainly overachieving and Devonta Freeman is on a different planet right now – he had another 197 yards from scrimmage on Sunday.
Atlanta hasn’t quite put a full game together yet – when they do they will be a serious contender!
5. Denver Broncos (5-0) Last Week – 4
The Broncos are 5-0 – still one of the least spectacular undefeated teams that I can remember! It’s all about defense in Denver – Peyton Manning looks absolutely cooked right now – not good against a brutal Oakland secondary in Week 5. Denver’s running game hasn’t been good either.
So how long can the Broncos rely solely on the defense – we’ll have to see!
6. Arizona Cardinals (4-1) Last Week – 7
The Cards lost a tough one at home against the Rams in Week 4 but bounce back in a major way – absolutely stomping the Lions in Detroit. The Cards are one of the most balanced teams in the game right now – as good on both sides of the ball as any team out there. Need more proof?
Their four wins have come by a combined score of 168-66.
7. New York Jets (3-1) Last Week – 8
The Jets rise one spot even though they didn’t play this past weekend. Their defense ranks third in the NFL, Chris Ivory has been terrific and Ryan Fitzpatrick has been able to avoid the game-changing mistake.
It’s a good formula in New York – one that should continue against the Redskins this week.
8. Buffalo Bills (3-2) Last Week – 9
The Bills are a tenuous top 10 team this week – they still haven’t won back-to-back games this year. But as all good teams do – they are finding ways to win even through Sammy Watkins and LeSean McCoy were forced to sit again this past week.
Once healthy the Bills are formidable to say the least – their standing here is more a reflection of what they could be rather than what they are right now.
9. Carolina Panthers (4-0) Last Week – 10
The Panthers are 4-0 but still not getting a whole lotta love. After over the Bucs, the Jags, the Texans and the Brees-less Saints Carolina get their first real test this week when they travel to Seattle in Week 6.
10. Minnesota Vikings (2-2) Last Week – 11
The Vikings had the week off to rest and come back in Week 6 against a reeling KC team that just lost Jamaal Charles for the season.
I said it before and I’ll say it again – the Vikes have a chance to be the Cinderella team of 2015 – strong defense and a stellar running game land them in the top 10 this week.
11. Seattle Seahawks (2-3) Last Week – 6
The Seahawks just aren’t winning the close games this year – the defense doesn’t quite look the same and the O-line has allowed the most sacks so far in the league.
The Hawks look a tad broken after coughing up a 17 points fourth quarter lead on Sunday – enough so that they fall out of the top 10. They do get the Panthers at home this week though.
A team they have owned over the last 4 years.
12. Pittsburgh Steelers (3-2) Last Week – 12
The Steelers hang onto the last spot in the dirty dozen for the second week in a row. They didn’t do a whole lot on Monday night but they did do just enough to win against a pretty good San Diego team.
Le’Veon Bell makes this team formidable all by himself!
13. New York Giants (3-2) Last Week – 13
14. Indianapolis Colts (3-2) Last Week – 14
15. Philadelphia Eagles (2-3) Last Week – 25
16. San Diego Chargers (2-3) Last Week – 16
17. St. Louis Rams (2-3) Last Week – 15
18. Cleveland Browns (2-3) Last Week – 21
19. Dallas Cowboys (2-3) Last Week – 17
20. New Orleans Saints (1-4) Last Week – 19
21. Kansas City Chiefs (1-4) Last Week – 18
22. Washington Redskins (2-3) Last Week – 22
23. Baltimore Ravens (1-4) Last Week – 20
24. Tennessee Titans (1-3) Last Week – 23
25. Oakland Raiders (2-3) Last Week – 24
26. Chicago Bears (2-3) Last Week – 29
27. Miami Dolphins (1-3) Last Week – 27
28. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2-3) Last Week – 30
29. San Francisco 49ers (1-4) Last Week – 32
30. Jacksonville Jaguars (1-4) Last Week – 28
31. Detroit Lions (0-5) Last Week – 26
32. Houston Texans (1-4) Last Week – 31
We’ll be providing 4* free NFL predictions on the blog all season long, and check out our Experts for guaranteed premium & free NFL Week 2 Football picks!
CappersPicks.com has NFL Week 4 odds up on a ton of futures, and you will also find NFL lines up for early games as well.