Where Each Team Stands Heading Into Week 3
Week 2 of the NFL season is in the books. The Seahawks, the Colts, the Eagles, the Giants, the Lions and the Saints remain winless to almost everyone’s surprise while the two Super Bowl favorites the Pats and the Pack look to be the class of the league.
NFL Spreads & Matchup Insight
If there is one constant in the NFL it is the fact that we can all expect the unexpected to happen. Those of you in Survivor Pools know what I mean!
Nevertheless the cream has already started rising to the top while the duds have already started to sink to the bottom.
So where does your favorite team sit heading into Week 3?
Let’s take a look.
1. New England Patriots (1-0) Last Week – 1
Not much question here – the Pats absolutely manhandled what was viewed as one of the best defenses in the game in Week 2 – the gained 507 yards in their win against the Bills. Brady alone threw for 466 yards.
New England is on an absolute mission – watch for it to continue against the Jags in Week 3.
2. Green Bay Packers (2-0) Last Week – 2
The Pack beat the Hawks without Jordy Nelson and without Eddie Lacy for the majority of the contest on Sunday night – Devante Adams was also hurt.
But when you have Aaron Rodgers anything can happen. Nobody controls a game like Mr. Rodgers – their impressive 27 point effort against the best defense in the game makes them a 1B this week.
3. Cincinnati Bengals (2-0) Last Week – 6
The Bengals reputation as a strong Regular Season team continued Sunday with a good win against the Chargers. Jeremy Hill was on the bench the majority of the game and AJ Green was still relatively quiet and Cinci. found a way to win- impressive! As long as Andy Dalton continues to take care of the ball, as long as Tyler Eifert stays healthy and as long as Gio Bernard continues to provide a different element to this team the Bengals will be dangerous.
4. Arizona Cardinals (2-0) Last Week – 4
The Cards have scored 79 points in two games this year – 79! Carson Palmer is on fire, Larry Fitzgerald looks reborn and the O-line still hasn’t surrendered a sack. Arizona’s defense has been good, not great and should improve as we go deeper into the season.
5. Denver Broncos (2-0) Last Week – 7
The Broncos just win in the regular season. How many of you thought that Peyton Manning was absolutely done after the first half of Thursday night’s game? Relax people – Manning’s brain alone is worth a couple of wins! Denver’s defense has been a pleasant surprise too – they forced five turnovers in Week 2.
6. Dallas Cowboys (2-0) Last Week – 8
The Cowboys would be higher in the Rankings if not for the loss of Tony Romo and Dez Bryant.
Brandon Weeden scares nobody and Joseph Randle hasn’t quite proven to be an answer yet. I applaud what Dallas has done so far but see them slipping down the Rankings soon.
7. Kansas City Chiefs (1-1) Last Week – 5
The KC Chiefs should be 2-0 but couldn’t hold on versus the Broncos. Every aspect of this team is looking good – the defense, the running game and the passing game. The Chiefs may be overachieving right now but they are a deserving #7 nonetheless
8. Pittsburgh Steelers (1-1) Last Week – 15
Pittsburgh’s offense has been very good so far and now they get arguably the single biggest difference-maker LeVeon Bell back from suspension. Pittsburgh is going to be fun to watch – guaranteed.
9. Seattle Seahawks (0-2) Last Week – 9
Two straight tough road losses to start the season don’t really scare me all that much. Kam Chancellor will come back, the Seahawks WILL find a way to use Jimmy Graham and Marshawn Lynch will get going at some time. The Hawks are better than they have been playing for sure.
10. Buffalo Bills (1-1) Last Week – 3
The Bills were absolutely run over by the Pats in Week 2 – not a whole lot of shame in that. They have the Fins, the Giants and Titans next up on the schedule which keeps them in the dirty dozen for now.
11. New York Jets (2-0) Last Week – 18
Wow – it is amazing what a stout defense will do for a team! The Jets are 2-0!
Didn’t see that one coming. Offensively they are doing just enough and defensively they are dominating – a formula that definitely works in the NFL.
12. Minnesota Vikings (1-1) Last Week – 25
That’s more like it! The Vikings showed who they really were in Week 2 and make the biggest jump up the Rankings. Teddy Bridgewater was dangerous, Adrian Peterson was dominant and the defense was a great compliment. Be excited Vikes fans – be very excited!
13. Carolina Panthers (2-0) Last Week – 16
14. Atlanta Falcons (2-0) Last Week – 19
15. San Diego Chargers (1-1) Last Week – 11
16. Miami Dolphins (1-1) Last Week – 14
17. St. Louis Rams (1-1) Last Week – 12
18. Philadelphia Eagles (0-2) Last Week – 13
19. Indianapolis Colts (0-2) Last Week – 10
20. New York Giants (0-2) Last Week – 22
21. Cleveland Browns (1-1) Last Week – 29
22. Baltimore Ravens (0-2) Last Week – 20
23. Washington Redskins (1-1) Last Week – 30
24. Oakland Raiders (1-1) Last Week – 31
25. Detroit Lions (0-2) Last Week – 17
26. New Orleans Saints (0-2) Last Week – 24
27. Tennessee Titans (1-1) Last Week – 21
28. Jacksonville Jaguars (1-1) Last Week – 28
29. San Francisco 49ers (1-1) Last Week – 23
30. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1-1) Last Week – 32
31. Houston Texans (0-2) Last Week – 26
32. Chicago Bears (0-2) Last Week – 27
We’ll be providing 4* free NFL predictions on the blog all season long, and check out our Experts for guaranteed premium & free NFL Week 2 Football picks!
CappersPicks.com has NFL Week 2 odds up on a ton of futures, and you will also find NFL lines up for early games as well.