NCAAF: DEMON DEACONS SEEK REVENGE
The bowl season opens with a rematch between Navy and Wake Forest on Saturday morning.
These two teams met back in September when Navy pulled out a 24-17 upset as 17-point underdogs.
The spread is much closer this time around as the Demon Deacons are listed as three-point favorites.
Wake Forest (7-5, 5-7 ATS) turned out to be vastly overrated this year and are just 13-24 ATS as a favorite. However, they are 5-3 and 4-2 ATS in their last six bowls.
Navy (8-4, 6-5 ATS) boasts a top-rated running game that deserves a lot of attention at 294.7 yards per game while the defense enters with consecutive shutouts. The Midshipmen have been one of the best spread teams for a numbers of years and they are 18-5 ATS in all December games since 1992.
A 6-7-1 bowl record is fair, but a 7-2 ATS mark will fatten a wallet in a hurry.
Eagle Bank Bowl Series Trend: This year’s Eagle Bank Bowl game marks the first ever college bowl game played at Fed Ex Field in Washington. It is the second year in-a-row that Navy plays in the season’s opening bowl contest.
Top ATS Trend
WAKE FOREST is 20-6 ATS (+13.4 Units) vs. poor passing teams averaging 150 or less passing yards/game. since 1992. The average score was WAKE FOREST 26.7, OPPONENT 19.3 – (Rating = 2*)
Top Totals Trend
Jim Grobe is 17-4 UNDER (+12.6 Units) after two consecutive games with a turnover margin of +1 or better as the coach of WAKE FOREST. The average score was WAKE FOREST 23.0, OPPONENT 20.2 – (Rating = 3*)
Recent Navy Bowl Game Trends
* NAVY is 4-5 SU & 7-2 ATS in bowl games over the last 30 years.
* OVER’s have been the result on total in the last NAVY bowl games.
* NAVY is 1-3 SU & 3-1 ATS in its last bowl games vs. BCS-conference teams.
Recent Wake Forest Bowl Game Trends
* WAKE FOREST has won four of its last five bowl games, both SU & ATS.
* The last four WAKE FOREST bowl games have gone UNDER the total.
* WAKE FOREST has allowed just 13.5 PPG in its last four bowl games.