Dave B’s NFL Power Rankings – Week 9
Week 8 is over – Week 9 is just around the corner. It’s time to see which teams rose and which fell this week on Dave B’s NFL Power Rankings. There wasn’t a whole lot of change at the top for the second week in a row – the elite teams are finally doing what they are supposed to do! Still as always there was some fluidity with the Rankings.
WAGER AT OUR BEST SPORTS BETTING SPORTSBOOKS FOR 2013 – REVIEWS OF ALL ONLINE SPORTSBOOKS TAKING CREDIT CARD DEPOSITS (click here)
Enough talk – let’s get on with Dave B’s Week 9 edition of the Rankings!
1. FALCONS (1) – soundly defeated the Eagles this week for Andy Reid’s first ever post-bye loss. They handled the Eagles in every aspect of the game and are still #1 until someone knocks them off. How about Matt Ryan?
2. TEXANS (2) – The Texans were on a bye this week – no reason to move the best team in the AFC down!
3. BEARS (3) – Defense! Defense! The Bears just barely beat Carolina this week but a win is a win and the Bears look like one of the more balanced teams in the league right now.
4. GIANTS (4) – The G-Men almost let one slip away against the Cowboys this week but as goof teams to, they found a way to win despite Victor Cruz having his worst game of the year.
5. 49ERS (6) – climb a spot this week off a beat down of the Cardinals Monday night. Alex Smith continued his schizophrenic 2012 campaign and the defense continues to be #1 ranked and an absolute terror for its opposition.
6. PACKERS (5) – The Packers looked average against the Jaguars! But then again they did play without Greg Jennings and Jordy Nelson and Cedric Benson and still won!
7. PATRIOTS (8) – The Pats absolutely shredded what looked to be a decent St. Louis defense and are once again being viewed as one of the two or three best teams in the AFC. With a running game and a defense this view appears to be correct.
8. RAVENS (9) – The Ravens still appear to be in some trouble but they did have the bye to figure a few things out. They need Joe Flacco to step up or risk falling out of the top 10.
9. BRONCOS (10) – absolutely destroyed the Saints and look as “in sync” as any team in the league right now. With Peyton Manning and the offense appearing to be exactly on the same page they look unstoppable. With a defense playing at the level they are it wouldn’t be a shock to see the Broncos Top 5 in the next couple of weeks.
10. STEELERS (12) – have beaten two good teams the last couple of weeks after a hiccup against Tennessee. Ben Roethlisberger is playing out of his mind, the defense is rounding into form and the Steelers are getting something from their running game. It all adds up to Pittsburgh returning to the Top 10.
11. VIKINGS (7) – looked awful in Week 8 and now travel to Seattle. Ouch. We’ll see if the Vikes are Top 15 next week!
12. DOLPHINS (17) – We just can’t deny the Dolphins their place in the Top 15 anymore! They were mighty impressive in beating down the Jets in Week 8 with their BACKUP QB! The Fins defense is top tier and the running game has certainly exceeded expectation.
13. SEAHAWKS (11) – the Hawks almost pulled one out on the road in Detroit in Week 8 – the defense was uncharacteristically poor – I can’t see that happening again!
14. COWBOYS (13) – Throw out the first quarter against the Giants and the Cowboys may be Top 10. I may be generous in keeping them in the Top 15 but they did show more resolve than any other team I saw in Week 8.
15. COLTS (24) – 3-1 since Coach Chuck Pagano’s leukemia announcement. They are over .500 and deserve a top 15 spot!
16. EAGLES (14)
17. REDSKINS (15)
18. LIONS (25)
19. BUCCANEERS (27)
20. BENGALS (21)
21. CHARGERS (18)
22. CARDINALS (19)
23. JETS (16)
24. RAMS (20)
25. BROWNS (31)
26. SAINTS (23)
27. RAIDERS (28)
28. TITANS (26)
29. BILLS (22)
30. PANTHERS (29)
31. JAGUARS (32)
32. CHIEFS (30)