Dave B’s NFL Power Rankings – Week 8
Week 7 is in the books – time again to look at the risers and the faller in the NFL Power Rankings! The top 4 remain the same this week – a nice change in the topsy-turvy world of the NFL. Some teams have climbed – the Packers have finally woken up and some have slipped – what happened to the Ravens?
**Open an account at WagerWeb and see for yourself how much fun and rewarding offshore betting can be!!!**
Enough talk – let’s get on with Dave B’s Week 8 edition of the Rankings!
1. FALCONS (1) – the only undefeated team left but was on a bye this week – no reason to take them out of top spot!
2. TEXANS (2) – The Texans did what all good teams are supposed to do – bounce back after a disastrous loss. That is exactly what they did to the Ravens on Sunday. They were incredible on defense, balanced on offense and in control from the opening whistle. The Texans just missed out on #1 this week with their Week 7 effort.
3. BEARS (3) – Defense! Defense! The Bears look like the Houston Texans of the NFC – balanced on offense and lights out on defense. They are going to be tough in December – guaranteed!
4. GIANTS (4) – The G-Men had an incredible comeback against the Redskins proving that you just can’t keep a good team down! They still haven’t played their best defensive game yet although the offense is in fine form. Watch out for the Giants – they are scary right now.
5. PACKERS (7) – The Packers look like what we thought they were. In the last two weeks they have put up two solid wins against two decent teams and garner a top 5 spot because of it. Amazing what some good offensive line play can do for a team!
6. 49ERS (5) – The Niners slip out of the top 5 mostly because of an offense that has been stuck in neutral the last couple of weeks. They should still be fine – their defense is simply off the charts. The teams around them are getting better while the 49ers don’t seem to be improving at all.
7. VIKINGS (9) – at 5-2 the Vikings are becoming more difficult to ignore. Adrian Peterson is looking like the Stud that we all knew he was and the defense is surprisingly good!
8. PATRIOTS (10) – The Pats were lucky to escape Week 7 with a win over the Jets but they are the second best team in a surprisingly weak AFC. Now if the defense would turn the corner!
9. RAVENS (6) – The Ravens appear to be in some trouble. The defense was shredded for the third week in a row and the offense was putrid against the Texans in Week 7. The bye comes at a perfect time for Baltimore – they seriously need to re-adjust!
10. BRONCOS (11) – were on their bye but still climb a spot based on the other teams struggling. With Peyton Manning at the helm, this team should be a contender.
11. SEAHAWKS (8) – It appears as though this team will have to ride the defense all the way this year. Russell Wilson took a step back last week on a National TV audience and the Hawks take a step back in the Rankings.
12. STEELERS (18) – just 1 1/2 game out of first in their division and with the Ravens faltering, the Steelers can smell blood. Their win Sunday night against Cincinnati on the road despite a host of injuries was impressive indeed. Big Ben is a Stud!
13. COWBOYS (21) – up and down, up and down – this week they are up – next week against the Giants they could be down. The Boys are .500 and barely Top 15 in my Rankings!
14. EAGLES (13) – Philadelphia made some necessary changes firing their defensive coordinator during their bye. Next could be Michael Vick. The eagles have a tough Week 8 game – they play the undefeated Falcons!
15. REDSKINS (14) – just the presence of RG III on that team keeps them in the top 15!
16. JETS (20)
17. DOLPHINS (12)
18. CHARGERS (15)
19. CARDINALS (22)
20. RAMS (16)
21. BENGALS (17)
22. BILLS (19)
23. SAINTS (26)
24. COLTS (27)
25. LIONS (23)
26. TITANS (24)
27. BUCCANEERS (25)
28. RAIDERS (28)
29. PANTHERS (29)
30. CHIEFS (31)
31. BROWNS (30)
32. JAGUARS (32)