Dave B’s NFL Power Rankings – Week 7
Wow, what a Week 6 it was! Upsets, last minute wins and some spectacular performances highlighted another typically topsy-turvy week. There is some significant movement at the top of the Rankings this week and some bottom feeders that look to be creeping their way into the top 15.
**2013 - BET ON BASKETBALL FOR REAL MONEY USING YOUR CREDIT CARD AT ANY OF OUR BEST SPORTSBOOKS** (We review them all here!)
Enough talk – let’s get on with Dave B’s Week 6 edition of the Rankings!
1. FALCONS (2) – the only undefeated team left but just barely. This team is simply finding a way to get it done every week – sometimes not pretty Week 6 included. But as the only unbeaten team they absolutely have to be #1.
2. TEXANS (1) – They certainly didn’t have their best game on Sunday but maybe it was more that Green Bay had their absolutely best game this season. They host an injury ravaged Ravens next week – expect a bounce back.
3. BEARS (4) – rise one spot despite not playing this week – a product of the top dogs losing. They have reeled off three straight wins with the defense looking completely overwhelming scoring two defensive touchdowns in two straight weeks. Chicago leads the NFC North and with the Cutler/Marshall tandem heating up, this team could be top 5 for a while.
4. GIANTS (8) – The G-Men had arguably the most impressive win of the year thus far completely obliterating the 49ers in San Francisco. The defense is finally catching up to the offense – scary for the rest of the league.
5. 49ERS (3) – The Niners completely laid an egg on Sunday after outscoring their opposition 79-3 in the previous two weeks. That makes two losses this year – could the Giants have created a blue print for defeating this team? They maintain a Top 5 spot but just barely.
6. RAVENS (5) – The Ravens may be forced to play without four of their best five defensive players in Week 7. This team is in trouble defensively and could realistically slip out of the top 10 by this time next week – good thing they have an easy schedule coming up.
7. PACKERS (13) – They’re baaack! The Packers looked like world beaters in Week 6 – absolutely blew the doors off Houston on the road. It was only a matter of time but Green Bay is finally the team we thought they would be! Games against St. Louis, Jacksonville, Arizona and Detroit the next four weeks should help in their quest to get back to elite status.
8. SEAHAWKS (15) – We all knew about the defense but how about Russell Wilson and the offense against New England? 16-27 for 293 yards and three touchdowns? I didn’t see that one coming! Moral of the story? Never, ever bet against Seattle at home.
9. VIKINGS (7) – 4-2 and coming off a loss to the amazing Robert Griffin III. They have been solid all year on both sides of the ball and deserve a top 10 spot because of their division lead.
10. PATRIOTS (6) – The Pats gained 475 yards against the stout Seattle defense but still lost in Week 6. The Pats found out what the Cowboys and Packers already knew – Seattle is a tough place to play!
11. BRONCOS (18) – Denver’s win on Monday night serves notice that they should be a contender in the second half of the season. Peyton Manning has single-handedly raised the level of every Bronco.
13. EAGLES (11) – way too many turnovers – the offense is giving it up too much and the defense isn’t doing their jobs either.
14. REDSKINS (19) – Robert Griffin III is incredible isn’t he? Beating a very good Vikings team in Minnesota has them easily in the top half of the league’s Power Rankings.
15. CHARGERS (10) – ugly collapse on Monday night was their second loss in a row in games they could have won. At .500 this team looks eerily like the one that missed the playoffs last year doesn’t it?
16. RAMS (14)
17. BENGALS (16)
18. STEELERS (9)
19. BILLS (20)
20. JETS (28)
21. COWBOYS (17)
22. CARDINALS (12)
23. LIONS (30)
24. TITANS (24)
25. BUCCANEERS (27)
26. SAINTS (31)
27. COLTS (26)
28. RAIDERS (23)
29. PANTHERS (21)
30. BROWNS (32)
31. CHIEFS (29)
32. JAGUARS (25)