Dave B’s NFL Power Rankings – Week 6
Week 5 is in the books and two teams remain undefeated – 2! There is no movement at the top of the Rankings this week but further down some teams have tumbled and others have shot up. You absolutely have to love the parity of the NFL don’t ya?
CANADIAN? **BET ON SPORTS WITH BODOG.ca - CLICK HERE - BET TODAY! Customer service that's second to none!**
Enough talk – let’s get on with Dave B’s Week 6 edition of the Rankings!
1. TEXANS (1) – it is pretty hard to doubt one of the most complete teams in the NFL. On defense they are nasty and on offense they have two of the top weapons in the league – Andre Johnson and Arian Foster. As one of the two undefeated teams left Houston gets the call as the #1 team again.
2. FALCONS (2) – the other undefeated team has to be #2. This team is simply finding a way to get it done every week – sometimes not pretty. But with White, Jones and Tony Gonzalez who reeled in 13 balls Sunday and a running game hitting their stride they will be tough to stop even on the road where they are 3-0 this year.
3. 49ERS (3) – The Niners have outscored their opposition 79-3 in the last two weeks – insane! They laid one egg this year and that was against a surprisingly good Vikings team. In Week 5 they gained 300+ yards in the air and 300+ yards on the ground – IN THE SAME GAME. San Fran is a serious contender and worthy of a top 3 spot.
4. BEARS (6) – looked awful in Week 2 but since then have reeled off three straight wins with the defense looking completely overwhelming scoring two defensive touchdowns in two straight weeks. Chicago leads the NFC North and with the Cutler/Marshall tandem heating up, this team could be top 5 for a while.
5. RAVENS (4) – The Ravens haven’t been overwhelming this season and Week 5 was no exception – a 9-6 win over KC. The defense hasn’t been quite the same but at this point we are willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. They will need to start impressing or risk falling further down the Rankings.
6. PATRIOTS (8) – The Pats have run for over 200 yards in each of their last two games and the passing game hasn’t slowed much along the way. Finally balanced on offense, the Pats look like the most menacing offense in the league once again – nice to see Wes Welker getting involved too!
7. VIKINGS (14) – are a surprising 4-1 on the season – when the offense struggles the defense and special teams picks them up. Minnesota is a total team and the presence of Percy Harvin doesn’t hurt either.
8. GIANTS (10) – The G-Men were banged up on offense heading into Week 5 and produced a very impressive effort. Ahmad Bradshaw is back to form – now if the defense would kick it up a notch!
9. STEELERS (13) – beat the Eagles in Week 5. The return of James Harrison and Rashard Mendenhall make this team a whole lot better – now they have the honor of facing the Titans in Week 6.
10. CHARGERS (9) – hung tough in a game that they seemed to be fighting an uphill battle at New Orleans in Week 5. Still this team looks good – the defense has impressed and Ryan Matthews finally looks healthy.
11. EAGLES (7) – way too many turnovers – the fact that they are 3-2 seems like a miracle doesn’t it?
12. CARDINALS (5) – I am still not a believer – especially after what the Rams did to them on Thursday night. Still at 4-1 they absolutely have to be in the top 15.
13. PACKERS (11) – blew an 18 point lead on Sunday! The defense simply isn’t getting it done at the moment. They hang onto a top 15 spot based on talent alone – the 2-3 record is deserved but a #13 ranking may not be!
14. RAMS (18) – are undefeated at home and knocked off an undefeated team in Week 5. Jeff Fisher has this team playing physical ball but he needs some contributions on offense to support the very good defense.
15. SEAHAWKS (19) Defense! Defense! This team isn’t going to wow you but they will make life miserable. Seattle creeps into the top 15 based on a 3-2 record and insane defense.
16. BENGALS (12)
17. COWBOYS (15)
18. BRONCOS (16)
19. REDSKINS (17)
20. BILLS (21)
21. PANTHERS (22)
22. DOLPHINS (23)
23. RAIDERS (24)
24. TITANS (25)
25. JAGUARS (26)
26. COLTS (27)
27. BUCCANEERS (28)
28. JETS (20)
29. CHIEFS (29)
30. LIONS (30)
31. SAINTS (31)
32. BROWNS (32)