Atlanta at Golden State – Who’s stepping up
BetUS NBA Basketball Sports Betting Odds: ATLANTA -1, Total 216.5
Here are some of the NBA pro basketball sports betting trends as they relate to this matchup:
* ATL has lost four of its last five games SU
* ATL has covered two of its last seven games * ATL has played seven of its last ten games OVER the total
* ATL has lost six of its last nine road games SU
* ATL has covered five of its last seven road games
* ATL has played seven of its last nine road games UNDER the total
* GS has lost six of its last seven games SU
* GS has played five of its last six games OVER the total
* GS has covered four of its last five home games
* GS has played four of its last five home games OVER the total
* ATL has won and covered five of the last six meetings SU
* Seven of the last eight meetings have gone OVER the total
* ATL has covered three of the last four meetings as the road team
* ATL has had the shooting edge in four of the last six meetings
* ATL has had the rebounding edge in five of the last seven meetings
* GS has made more three-pointers in seven of the last ten meetings
Atlanta has gone from hot to cold in a hurry. After going on a six-game winning streak, the Hawks have now lost five of their last seven, and in one of those the Orlando Magic sank 23 three-point shots and beat Atlanta by 34. They saved a little face at the Staples Center with an easy win over the Clippers on Wednesday, but now they travel to Oakland, where the Warriors have covered four of their last five games, including a win over Boston. Of course, some of their games turn out to be real donnybrooks, like the 135-133 loss to Sacramento on Wednesday, which went to three overtimes and wasn’t decided until John Salmons of the Kings hit a jumper with 1.6 seconds remaining.
It’s not that this Golden State team is short on talent, it’s that a lot of that talent is not available. Mario Belinelli is out, Stephen Jackson is out, and Monta Ellis has just started practicing with the team, and even though he may play in this game, his minutes will certainly be limited. Jamal Crawford played SIXTY minutes in the Sacramento game; will he have anything left for this contest?
The Warriors might be able to take advantage of the fact that Atlanta is without Al Horford, which normally would have given them an important edge inside. Zaza Pachulia takes over in the pivot, which is not imposing, and the Hawks had just five rebounds off the bench against the Clippers. On the good side, Josh Smith had 26 points in that game, which is good news, and Joe Johnson may have broken out of his slump with 21, which would come at the right time against a defenseless Golden State crew.
You don’t want to be banged up and coming off a game where you left half of it on the court, but that’s where the Warriors are right now. Golden State has allowed 47% from the field, but is 8-3 ATS as a home underdog. Atlanta hasn’t been half bad as a road club (12-7 ATS). but we don’t want to judge current form on what they did against the Clippers. You have to admire what the Warriors did in hanging in against Sacramento, especially since they lost three players to foul-outs in addition to their injury casualties. There’s a lot of pluck with their rookie corps, including Anthony Randolph, who’s responded to some recent discipline. We’ll go with Golden State, the one-point underdog in the BetUS Sportsbook NBA pro basketball sports betting odds.