Dave B’s MLB Power Rankings – June 12th
Two weeks have passed since my last Power Rankings and amazingly the top dogs just keep getting it done. While there has been some definite separation between the elite and “not so elite teams”, many of the clubs that have been solid all year have remained in my Top 15.
Do you want an incredible 10% back on your wins and losses...every week??? BET ON MLB ONLINE and Enjoy Live Online Betting at A WORLD CLASS Sportsbook!
The Dog Days of Summer are coming – time to separate the men from the boys!
Without further adieu, let’s take a look at Dave B’s bi-weekly look at the MLB Power Rankings.
1. Los Angeles Dodgers (1) – The Dodgers currently have the best record in baseball and they are doing it without perhaps their best player Matt Kemp. Their team batting averages is shockingly among the leaders in the NL and their pitching has been sensational. Don Mattingly for Manager of the Year? I’m just sayin’
2. Texas Rangers (2) – The Rangers are barely holding onto #2 on the heels of a 4-6 stretch. Every team goes through their hiccups during the season and it appears as though Texas is going through theirs now.
3. Washington Nationals (5) – Insane! The Nationals just keep getting it done. Steven Strasburg has been terrific and the acquisition of Gio Gonzalez looks like the move of the offseason so far. The team has the best ERA in the NL and guys like Bryce Harper are providing the necessary offense. The patience is paying off in the Nation’s Capitol.
4. Tampa Bay Rays (4) – The Rays pitching continues to be plain scary and the addition of Mr. Matsui to the lineup has given this team some teeth. Even though Evan Longoria remains sidelined, the Rays are dangerous.
5. New York Yankees (7) – The Yanks pitching hasn’t missed a beat – Phil Hughes and Hideki Kuroda have been solid and Andy Petite now has a 2.78 ERA and a 3-2 record. We all know what the offense can do. The Yanks enter the Top 5 for the first time in a while – watch them stay here!
6. Chicago White Sox (8) – still lead the AL Central despite going 5-5 in their last 10 games. Chris Sale is pitching like a man possessed, Adam Dunn looks reborn and Alex Rios is finally earning his obnoxious contract. The Sox are the real deal and fall just outside my Top 10.
7. Atlanta Braves (10) – 8-2 in their last 10 games has the Braves moving up a bit this week. The pitching has been great as per usual but if this team wants to contend, consistency is a must.
8. San Francisco Giants (14) – Have gone 7-3 in their last 10 games. Interesting stat for this season? The Giants are 2-10 in games that Tim Lincecum has started. That has to change – the Giants should remain Top 10.
9. Baltimore Orioles (3) – The Orioles have come back down to earth lately going 5-5 in their last 10 games. Injuries have played a part but so has the realization that the O’s just aren’t as good as they had been playing. They are Top 10 for now.
10. Cincinnati Reds (6) – How about Aroldis Chapman? He hasn’t given up a run this season and has four wins and six saves. The Reds went 4-6 in their last 10 games but based on their lead in the NL Central they get a Top 10 spot.
11. Cleveland Indians (11) – this is a lunch bucket team that never, ever gives up. They sit five games over .500 and are giving the White Sox a run for their money!
13. New York Mets (9) – The Mets were swept by the Yankees over the weekend and are just 4-6 in their last 10 games. But Johan Santana and R.A. Dickey have been terrific and David Wright has also been very good.
14. St. Louis Cardinals (13) – The Cards are essentially Top 15 because of their name only. They are 4-6 in their last 10 games with no real help on the horizon. This could realistically be their last week in the top 15.
15. Toronto Blue Jays (15) – The Jays return home after a 3-3 road trip with a revamped batting order and Jose Bautista up to his old tricks. With a young lineup struggling to find some consistency, the Jays sit middle of the pack.
16. Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim (19)
17. Miami Marlins (12)
18. Arizona Diamondbacks (24)
19. Detroit Tigers (16)
20. Philadelphia Phillies (18)
21. Boston Red Sox (21)
22. Seattle Mariners (23)
23. Milwaukee Brewers (25)
24. Houston Astros (22)
25. Oakland Athletics (17)
26. Minnesota Twins (30)
27. Colorado Rockies (26)
28. Kansas City Royals (27)
29. San Diego Padres (28)
30. Chicago Cubs (29)
Another MLB gambling season. It’s time to NOW bring your best baseball betting hat to the table for gambling on baseball. Cappers Picks all season long provides MLB baseball gambling predictions, so check back often.